Logos 4 Mac & Logos 4 PC (via Parallels5) Sharing LibraryI

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 11
Dorsey McIntosh | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 30 2010 1:46 PM

Today I installed Logos 4 for Mac (Alpha 12) on my MacBook Pro.  It installed perfectly & downloaded & indexed all my new books. ( I upgraded my Scholar's Library: Silver (OC) to Scholar's Library: Silver (LE) — great stuff!). After trying the Alpha version on the Mac for a while I wanted to try Logos 4 on my Windows XP via Parallels 5.  

However, I'm reluctant to download all my library of books on my Windows side as well. (I haven't re-installed Logos PC since upgrading to a new MacBook Pro in July).  Is there a way to share the Logos 4 for Mac library with the Logos 4 PC version via shared files? Or, do I have to allow the installer on the PC side download all the books for it separately.  I have a 500 GB HD, so I have plenty of room, but I was just wanting to keep it simple & not duplicate files.

Thanks for your help!

Dorsey McIntosh

Budapest, Hungary

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 30 2010 2:20 PM

Dorsey McIntosh:
 Is there a way to share the Logos 4 for Mac library with the Logos 4 PC version via shared files?
Hi and welcome.  The short answer is no.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 11
Dorsey McIntosh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 31 2010 12:23 AM

Thanks, Joe!  After poking around a bit more, that's what I decided.  

I'm 6 hours later here in Budapest than Eastern Time, so I hit the hay soon after posting, but not before I checked out your blog … loved it! Great perspectives & insights..  Thanks for the quick reply … and why, Joe, am I not surprised that you replied!  You are really active on the Logos 4 forums!  

Back to my question … I'll increase the size of my HD & RAM for my Parallels 5 virtual machine & give it a go (as my British friends here say!) allowing it to install everything on the WinXP side too..  If you have any more experience on the Windows on Parallels install, let me know via some links and such!  But, I can't wait for Logos 4 for Mac to mature & be released in production, then I can move away from the Windows version … again!

Blessings … have a great Lord's day!

Dorsey 

Budapest

Posts 10524
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 31 2010 3:21 AM

Dorsey McIntosh:
 If you have any more experience on the Windows on Parallels install, let me know via some links and such!

Dorsey

See the second link in my signature ("Parallels settings for L4") for some very useful information on optimizing Parallels 5 for Logos. Take special note of John Fidel's post.

Welcome to L4 Mac and the forums.

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 31 2010 8:14 AM

Dorsey McIntosh:
I'm 6 hours later here in Budapest than Eastern Time
I hear it is a beautiful city.  The closest I have been is Romania.

Dorsey McIntosh:
You are really active on the Logos 4 forums!  
I want Logos 4 mac out and I want a good product.  Some people vent and rant and complain... I decided the better route is to help. Cool

Dorsey McIntosh:
I checked out your blog … loved it!
thanks Yes

Good luck with resizing the HD and Welcome to Logos 4 mac.

Posts 10524
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 31 2010 10:33 AM

Joe Miller:
Some people vent and rant and complain... I decided the better route is to help. Cool

Where is the fun in that? BTW, I liked your Consumer's Study Bible, but I believe some on these forums already have that version. Geeked

Posts 11
Dorsey McIntosh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 31 2010 2:12 PM

Hey Joe & Jack!

I did it … following the input from your second link, Jack, and some of your suggestions Joe!  I installed Logos 4 on my Parallels 5 side … and after around 4 hours of downloading & 3 hours indexing, Logos 4 for PC loaded up fine & I was able to give her a bit of a test run.  Other than having to run it in Windows, it's quite a piece of software!  I need to do the tutorials and start learning it (too bad we don't have a Camp Logos scheduled for Budapest anytime soon … the last one was really helpful), but maybe by the time I get the PC version down, at least the beta of Logos 4 for Mac will be out.

Thanks again … if you're in the neighborhood of our beautiful city, give me shout and I'll treat you to dinner!

Blessings! 

Dorsey 

Budapest 

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 31 2010 2:34 PM

Dorsey McIntosh:
I did it …
good for you brother Yes

Dorsey McIntosh:
I need to do the tutorials and start learning
The good news is that since the Mac and Windows versions share all the same features, all your effort into learning L4win will translate directly to your use of L4mac.  Plus, all your notes, highlights, and settings will go right into the Mac—even during the Alpha stage!  It is pretty sweet. Cool

Dorsey McIntosh:
if you're in the neighborhood of our beautiful city, give me shout and I'll treat you to dinner!
God willing, I will take you up on it!! Big Smile

Posts 10524
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 31 2010 6:48 PM

Dorsey McIntosh:
Logos 4 for PC loaded up fine & I was able to give her a bit of a test run.  Other than having to run it in Windows, it's quite a piece of software!

Awesome! Glad to hear of your sucess.

Dorsey McIntosh:
Thanks again … if you're in the neighborhood of our beautiful city, give me shout and I'll treat you to dinner!

Thanks for the invite. My bride wants our next out of the US trip to take us to South Africa as we have some dear friends there.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS