Has Bible Study Magazine Price Increased?

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jul 6 2015 4:15 PM

My subscriptions page is showing that Bible Study Magazine will renew at $30/year when it comes up for renewal. Has the price gone up? Last time I renewed at $20/year. I'm not sure why the price increase. 

Thanks!

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 6 2015 4:21 PM

Yep, mine went up $10 too!

Posts 103
mwk | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 6 2015 4:43 PM

They have to make up for the revenue loss from those of us who were serious when we said we weren't renewing unless the magazine was available digitally in full each issue. Wink

OK, probably not. More likely just the increased cost of producing and mailing a print magazine these days. Or perhaps a drop in ad revenue that needs to be made up?

All joking aside, I admire anyone putting out a quality print magazine these days. From everything I read, it can be a tough slog right now. For me, physical print is no longer the way I want to consume content any more.

Posts 945
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 6 2015 5:00 PM

I too dropped until the Bible software company could produce  digital edition.

Posts 9229
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 6 2015 5:01 PM

mwk67:
For me, physical print is no longer the way I want to consume content any more.

This has been my position too.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 238
Charles | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 6 2015 5:39 PM

Everett Headley:

I too dropped until the Bible software company could produce  digital edition.

I too would rather have a digital edition, however, I can not pass the digital addition on to a brother or sister in Christ who perhaps can not afford their own subscription.  Wink

In Christ,

Charles

2017 27" iMac 5K, Mojave, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, iOS 12.0, Catalina beta, iPadOS Beta  

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 6 2015 5:56 PM

I'm OK with a print subscription as I donate these to a local college here for their library when I'm done with them. I just wish Faithlife would reconsider the $10 price increase or explain why they did it (instead of surprising us with it). $30/year for 6 issues is a "little" steep, although my SBL and ETS memberships with journals are more, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much. :-)

Nathan Parker

Posts 2567
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 6 2015 8:12 PM

Thanks for the heads up.  Turned off Auto renew.

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 6 2015 8:34 PM

Me too.  While I've had it from the start, I don't think a 50% increase is justified.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 6 2015 8:38 PM

I have until next year to decide, but I may turn off auto renew as well. I'll look for a coupon code to see if there's a way to direct purchase a year cheaper. I've really enjoyed BSM, but $15-20/year seems more reasonable. For $30/year, it should include either digital access thrown in or at least free access to the Lexham resources that have spun off off BSM (NYABS, Heiser's book, etc). 

Nathan Parker

Posts 1
LogosEmployee
Rebecca Van Noord | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 7 2015 9:27 AM

Nathan,

I apologize. That change in price was not intentional. It occurred while we were attempting to fix a glitch in our system. While Bible Study Magazine retails at $29.99, the Faithlife subscription price is $19.99. The renewal price is also $19.99, and should now show up on your subscription page as such. Again--apologies!

--Rebecca Van Noord

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 7 2015 12:04 PM

Thanks for the info! I do see that the price has been adjusted in my subscriptions page, so I'll leave auto renew on. For those of you who turned off auto renew, feel free to turn it back on and confirm you're seeing what I'm seeing. We should all be good to go now. Thanks again for the prompt fix!

Nathan Parker

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 7 2015 12:06 PM

That is what I am seeing now instead of the $29.99 charge. Thanks Rebecca.

Posts 2567
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 7 2015 1:40 PM

Rebecca Van Noord:

I apologize. (...) the Faithlife subscription price is $19.99.

Welcome to the Forums!!

Apology accepted.  Auto renew reset to ON. [[To show that I really accepted your apology]]

Posts 1395
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 7 2015 7:24 PM

Rebecca Van Noord:
the Faithlife subscription price is $19.99

so does that mean that the one day fourth of July 50% coupon should have brought the price down to 10$? if so I would have bought it, but it said 15$ when I added it to cart

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS