Is it possible to change the color of the hyperlink?

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 2 2010 12:17 AM

As I am reading through Palestine in the Time of Jesus, there are hyperlinks present in the text. But they are colored blue and are not very distinguishable from the regular text. Is it possible to change the setting so that this would be a bright red and/or bold, so that it would be easier to see?

Thanks for any help in doing this!

Charlene

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2010 4:39 AM

Yes, It is possible, but extreemly impractical. Create a visual filter and use it to catch bible references. my computer has been churning away for about five minutes now with "bible:*" limited to just one book and is still going strong. I had tried <Genesis-Revelation> but that didn't seem to work. I was most successful with <Matthew> <Mark> <Luke> <John> but each one slow to populate the style change for just that book. I'll report back if I figure out a way to search for the field without tying up the computer all day.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2010 5:02 AM

This is the best I can do: <bible~Genesis-Revelation>

It still takes a while to process, but it seems faster than any of my other search syntaxes. I would keep it limited to one book at a time, just in case. Also, reference heavy works like BDAG and other lexicons are probably a no-no.

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2010 5:50 AM

Kevin Becker:
Yes, It is possible, but extreemly impractical. Create a visual filter and use it to catch bible references. my computer has been churning away for about five minutes now with "bible:*" limited to just one book and is still going strong. I had tried <Genesis-Revelation> but that didn't seem to work. I was most successful with <Matthew> <Mark> <Luke> <John> but each one slow to populate the style change for just that book. I'll report back if I figure out a way to search for the field without tying up the computer all day.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for trying, but I don't need the Bible text as a visual filter. Basically, as I am reading this particular book in Reading View (or normal view), there are words that are "highlighted" in blue. Thus far they have been liked to definitions, where the author is defining a particular word, to aid in the reader's understanding of first century life. The problem is that the blue is so faint, that I am having to hover my mouse over every word, and thus it is not "pleasant" reading! I was hoping that there was an easy way to change this "faint blue" to a more easily discernable red, so I would know where I need to hover my mouse!Smile

I have attached a picture to show, as I hover my mouse over a "blue" word (agrarian), in order to see the defintion of this type of society.. Yes, agrarian really  is blue!Smile. actually there are two other words that are blue: orientation and peasanst, but they are quite difficult to see!

Charlene

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2010 5:53 AM

Charlene:
orientation and peasanst, but they are quite difficult to see!

And apparently they are also difficult to spell!Big Smile...that was suppose to be "peasants"!

Charlene

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2010 7:01 AM

I understand now. Sorry, I haven't been able to figure out how to make that work; if it's possible someone more knowledgeable than I will have to help.

Posts 73
Tom Bartzsch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2010 3:19 PM

Have you tried changing the "Resource Panel Background" from "White" to something else in the Program Settings? I don't have that resource so can't tell - but maybe a different background could help with the contrast?

1 Cor 2:2

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2010 12:45 AM

Thanks, Tom, for the suggestion, but unfortunately it made no difference. The problem is that the "blue text" and the normal text are just so close in color that it is hard to differentiate between the two, regardless of the background.

Please, Logos, change the "blue text" to a more distinct color, or enable the user to have an option to do this. It certainly would be easier to read such books.

Thanks!

Charlene

Posts 2992
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2010 12:59 AM

Hopefully this thread generates an option for this showing up in a beta in the future.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 19315
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2010 1:55 AM

I've experimented a bit and discovered that Logos just uses the standard Windows text color for the resource window text. You can change this in the Control Panel. If you're running Vista, open the Control Panel, type "color" in the search box (upper right), select "Change the color scheme" under Personalization, select a High Contrast color scheme. Here's a garish one I tried, but it sure made the hyperlinks in Logos stand out more!

You can customize the individual elements yourself by clicking instead on Advanced and selecting the individual items (e.g., "Window" for the resource text) from the Item dropdown and then selecting a color. I couldn't figure out what item color they're using for those hyperlinks (they might be hard coding that dark blue color in; changing the color of Hyperlink text in Windows didn't change it in Logos, which might be a bug). But you can at least change the color of Window text and then the hyperlinks in Logos will stand out better:

If you're running Windows XP, this is all under the Appearance tab of Display Properties, which you can get to through the Control Panel or by right-clicking on your desktop and selecting Properties.  I'm not sure where to find it if you're on Windows 7. Probably Control Panel "color" as well.

UPDATE: I'm assuming the fact that Logos ignores the Windows color setting for hyperlinks is a bug and have reported it as such: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/11043.aspx

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2010 2:26 AM

UPDATE: I'm assuming the fact that Logos ignores the Windows color setting for hyperlinks is a bug and have reported it as such: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/11043.aspx

Thanks, Rosie!

I tried this, but the results are ghastly! You are right, in that I can now see the hyperlink, but now I can't see the text! I really would like to do both, since the purpose is to be reading this book! Smile

Thanks, though, for your efforts!

Charlene

Posts 19315
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2010 2:39 AM

Charlene:

I tried this, but the results are ghastly! You are right, in that I can now see the hyperlink, but now I can't see the text!

You might have missed one part of my post which could help in the meantime until such time as Logos fixes this bug (if indeed they agree it's a bug):

Rosie Perera:

You can customize the individual elements yourself by clicking instead on Advanced and selecting the individual items (e.g., "Window" for the resource text) from the Item dropdown and then selecting a color.

Set the Window text to whatever color you want -- something readable but different enough from the dark blue hyperlink text that you can see the difference.

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2010 5:48 AM

Rosie Perera:
You can customize the individual elements yourself by clicking instead on Advanced and selecting the individual items (e.g., "Window" for the resource text) from the Item dropdown and then selecting a color. I couldn't figure out what item color they're using for those hyperlinks (they might be hard coding that dark blue color in; changing the color of Hyperlink text in Windows didn't change it in Logos, which might be a bug). But you can at least change the color of Window text and then the hyperlinks in Logos will stand out better:

Sorry, Rosie. I did scan read it initially, just missed the important parts of that paragraph!Embarrassed. Just got back from an appointment now and tried what you said...and it is true that it will work, when I am reading this particular book. BUT for the rest of the computer, it is quite hideous! In fact, I clicked on so much, I am not sure if I got my settings back to where I had them!Sad But that is my fault.

So I guess at this point I have 2 options: 1) change my entire computer settings, read my daily portion in the book, and then change back my computer settings, (which is wasted time) or 2) pick another book to read, until Logos can fix this...or I guess I do have a 3rd option, just read the paperback, which I have! But that seems to defeat the purpose of  having it in Logos.

Thanks for your efforts!

Charlene

Posts 19315
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2010 1:34 PM

Charlene:

Sorry, Rosie. I did scan read it initially, just missed the important parts of that paragraph!Embarrassed. Just got back from an appointment now and tried what you said...and it is true that it will work, when I am reading this particular book. BUT for the rest of the computer, it is quite hideous! In fact, I clicked on so much, I am not sure if I got my settings back to where I had them!Sad But that is my fault.

Sorry! That happened to me too. I've been unable to get back the nice desktop background color I had, so I'm having to settle for something sort of close.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS