For Anyone Wondering About the Baker Sermon Outlines Collection

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 934
Matthew | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 9 2015 3:42 AM

If the product page for this item lists anywhere on it the number of sermons included in this collection, I cannot find that number for the life of me. After creating a quick spreadsheet to total up the sermons in each individual volume, the number I came up with is 2,074. Hopefully this will help someone, and hopefully Faithlife will update the product page to include this relatively basic information about the product.

https://www.logos.com/product/50403/baker-sermon-outlines-collection

Posts 3688
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 9 2015 4:08 AM

Something is out of whack - FaithLife's product page says,

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 28284
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 9 2015 4:17 AM

This reflects that preachers will sometimes preach the same sermon with a different title. Stick out tongue

(Sorry, I have no real idea Tongue Tied)

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 13397
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 9 2015 4:32 AM

Floyd Johnson:

Something is out of whack - FaithLife's product page says,

That's a link to a different, but similar, product that people might also be interested in.

Posts 934
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 9 2015 5:35 AM

Mark Barnes:
That's a link to a different, but similar, product that people might also be interested in.

That is the mistake I made initially, and I suspect I am not the only one. After the product shipped from pre-pub, I realized there were not anywhere near 4,800 sermons. I didn't see an actual count anywhere, so I did my own. It was still MY mistake, but the fact that the product page only lists the amount of sermons included in a separate product doesn't help things.

Posts 1944
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 9 2015 6:00 AM

I just wish that these sermon outlines appeared in the sermon section of the passage guide.  The only way  to use them is to add a custom collection to the sermon guide. 

Posts 7182
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 9 2015 9:01 AM

How in the world did it go from less than 100 bucks to $305?

DAL

Posts 383
Daniel Bender | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 9 2015 11:20 AM

DAL:

How in the world did it go from less than 100 bucks to $305?

DAL

On my page the pre-pub price was $39.99; I decided against purchasing it but fell out of my chair when I saw that it went to $305 the next day.

Posts 934
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 9 2015 12:50 PM

Kenneth Neighoff:
I just wish that these sermon outlines appeared in the sermon section of the passage guide.

I was highly disappointed in the lack of tagging. That makes this resource much less useful to me. Hopefully it will be added later, but for a new product that just shipped it seems incomplete as is.

Posts 238
Charles | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 9 2015 1:51 PM

Daniel Bender:
On my page the pre-pub price was $39.99; I decided against purchasing it but fell out of my chair when I saw that it went to $305 the next day.

That's a ridiculous price to pay for sermon outlines even if there were in fact 4800 outlines.  There are many sermon outline resources that can be downloaded from the web for free.  It may take a bit of hunting around for the outline(s) that you're interested in using but I'm sure there is always something that can be found or that you can obtain ideas from.

In Christ,

Charles 

2017 27" iMac 5K, Mojave, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, iOS 12.0, Catalina beta, iPadOS Beta  

Posts 170
Jim Snowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 9 2015 2:02 PM

I had a look at some of the sample outlines and decided to cancel my prepub as they seemed rather contrived.  I was in two minds whether to cancel at $39.99 as that did seem a good price.. Definitely would not buy at £305! So many other resource I'd rather have for that money (if I had the money!).

Posts 2030
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 9 2015 3:51 PM

Daniel Bender:

I got it at the pre pub price.  Definitely not worth even $100.  I would recommend the other prepub at the moment.

Posts 3222
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 9 2015 5:00 PM

Mark:

Daniel Bender:

I got it at the pre pub price.  Definitely not worth even $100.  I would recommend the other prepub at the moment.

Its ok but definitely not the best $40 I've spent.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS