Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 18 2009 2:09 AM

Either I have discovered a bug, or I am attempting to do something with my software that I should not do.

I have created a collection with Maps, Images and Atlases. I have the reference browser linked to the active window.  I am browsing along in the ESV and when I get to Acts 5:12, reference browser shows me a map and an entry in 'New Bible Atlas'.  The map opens just fine, but when I click on Bible Atlas, it crashes out.  Below is a screen shot of what my reference browser looks like before things come to a screeching halt. The only way to get out of this is to do a force quit on Logos.

Any ideas what may be the cause of this? T.I.A.

Donovan

Posts 10837
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 18 2009 3:14 AM

Donovan

I don't have a collection similar to yours, but I do have one on NT Background that possibly contains some of the same resources. When I attempted the search shown in your post, Logos began listing hits, but crashed at about 90% of the search. This occurred twice, so it is probably a bug of some type.

If Logos wants a crash log, I can probably provide one.

Jack

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 18 2009 3:36 AM

JackCaviness:

I don't have a collection similar to yours, but I do have one on NT Background that possibly contains some of the same resources. When I attempted the search shown in your post, Logos began listing hits, but crashed at about 90% of the search. This occurred twice, so it is probably a bug of some type.

If Logos wants a crash log, I can probably provide one.

Actually I have crashed it today doing some other things as well. For example, I right clicked a word in my Bible, then clicked 'selected text' then clicked "Baker Encylopedia of the Bible' and I crashed again.

I have been trying to move from using the Windows version under Fusion to the Mac version.  I miss the features of Windows, but the Mac version can do quite a bit for most of my studies... however, the crashing is not helpful.  It essentially forces me to only do the very basic things on the Mac version and if I want to really do some digging, I have to boot up Fusion and do it under Windows.  Anyhow, bring on 1.2 soon I pray! Yes

Posts 10837
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 18 2009 4:18 AM

After I posted the previous reply to your initial post, I found the discussion on linking maps using the Reference Browser in another thread. That is an extremely useful set up. Too bad it does not work in Logos Mac.

Jack

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 18 2009 9:08 AM

I suggest you send the Bug reports to Logos directly and describe e the problem.  Here is the email

macfeedback@logos.com

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 41
LogosEmployee
Phillip | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 18 2009 11:48 AM

Donovan R. Palmer:

... I am browsing along in the ESV and when I get to Acts 5:12, reference browser shows me a map and an entry in 'New Bible Atlas'.  The map opens just fine, but when I click on Bible Atlas, it crashes out...

Donovan

Hello Donovan,

I tried this on a Mac and had the same crash.  However I found a way to prevent this crash:

• Open the New Bible Atlas via My Library
  • Click on the Active Index button at the top of the resource
  • Change to Topic (image below)

The Reference Browser should no longer crash when opening the NBA with Acts 5:12.

Note:  It is usually best to have Topic selected as the Active Index for all Dictionaries, Encyclopedias, and etc.

-Phillip

Win 7 x64 | Core i7 2600k @ 4.6GHz | 8GB RAM @ 1866MHz | Intel SSD G2

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 18 2009 11:56 AM

Phillip:

I tried this on a Mac and had the same crash.  However I found a way to prevent this crash:

• Open the New Bible Atlas via My Library
  • Click on the Active Index button at the top of the resource
  • Change to Topic (image below)

The Reference Browser should no longer crash when opening the NBA with Acts 5:12.

Thanks Phillip!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS