Crash Logos has quit unexpectedly upon startup

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Lidio A. Guzmán Ramirez | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 10 2015 8:25 AM

Logos wil not open up and crashes immediately after startup.

8780.LogosLogs.jorgerivera.20150710-102351.zip

Posts 38
Pastor Greg | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 10 2015 9:44 AM

Hi Lidio,

Do you use a Mac, and did you happen to install the El Capitan public beta?

Posts 1
Elizabeth Prata | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 10 2015 9:49 AM

Me too. I am using Logos 6 on Windows 8. It opens, the "preparing library" begins but hangs for a long time, then Logos 6 crashes and closes. I have tried rebooting my laptop but Logos 6 has crashed repeatedly after reboot also. Crashes have never happened before. The "preparing library" process has never hung up before, it usually only takes a few moments. I have not downloaded any new books to the library lately.

Sadly, Logos 6 is unusable today

Posts 7906
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 10 2015 10:31 AM

Elizabeth Prata:
Me too. I am using Logos 6 on Windows 8. It opens, the "preparing library" begins but hangs for a long time, then Logos 6 crashes and closes.

It appears that Logos is having trouble accessing the BITS service for downloads. This is a core component of Windows (that is required for Windows Update) so perhaps it was damaged recently.

Please try using the Microsoft Fix-it tool here to reset BITS and other Windows Update components: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058 

Posts 27111
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 10 2015 12:21 PM

Lidio A. Guzmán Ramirez:
Logos wil not open up and crashes immediately after startup.

The current version is 6.4, SR-3. You are running an older version. Please use the instructions in my signature line to manually download and install the updated software engine. If that doesn't work, please let us know.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS