Can't find my Sermon File or my pbb books what am i doing wrong?

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 177
Wesley Crouch | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 7 2010 1:43 PM

I don't know why but I haven't been able to find my pbb file nor my Sermon file in L4. I have tried Sermon File Path in my command box nothing then I tried just Sermon File in the command box got every sermon book in L4 except mine. I have both L4a and L3g on this computer and I know I should be able to see them but I can't what am I doing wrong? It worked on my old pc.

Help!

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2010 1:50 PM

PBB support and the Sermon file Addin are coming soon http://www.logos.com/4/missingfeatures

L4 can copy over the compiled sermon book from your L3 library.

Posts 177
Wesley Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2010 4:03 PM

Shouldn't I still have the ability to read the file in L4?

Posts 31293
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2010 4:11 PM

Wesley Crouch:
Shouldn't I still have the ability to read the file in L4?

Sermons yes

PBB's no

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 177
Wesley Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2010 9:18 AM

That is my problem first of all my sermon file isn't listed and I can't find it in L4. Second, according to Logos I already have the Personal Book Builder Reading Key and I don't need to download it. Yet I cannot find the pbb's I know I have.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2010 9:34 AM

Wesley Crouch:

That is my problem first of all my sermon file isn't listed and I can't find it in L4.

IF you can view you sermon file book in your library in LDLS 3 then type "scan C:\Program Files (x86)\Libronix DLS\Resources" (no quote marks, you may have to leave the (x86) off if you aren't running a 64 bit OS) into the command bar of Logos 4 and hit enter. Restart Logos 4, it will copy that book file into its own resource folder and you should be able to find it. You will not be able to compile or add any new sermons within L4, they haven't programmed that feature yet. You can, however, run the scan command again if you add sermons in L3 and hit the compile button.

Wesley Crouch:

Second, according to Logos I already have the Personal Book Builder Reading Key and I don't need to download it. Yet I cannot find the pbb's I know I have.

Then you will be able to read them in L3, if not then we can work to diagnose that problem. You will not be able to read PBBs in Logos 4 because they haven't coded that ability yet. The old PBBs were in a different format than regular Logos books. Logos has indicated that they want to reword the PBB concept so that those books are in the same format as the purchased books.

Posts 177
Wesley Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2010 10:26 AM

The PBB's are no problem then I can wait for that.

I can view my sermons in Libronix 3 (as well as my illustrations) and I do have a Windows 7 64bit. I tried the way you mentioned but to no avail. It did occur to me though the sermon file is located in Libraries\Documents\Libronix DLS\SermonFile would that be a different place to scan for?

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2010 10:34 AM

Libraries\Documents\Libronix DLS\SermonFile contains .lbxsfl Logos 4 can't read these. Do you have LogosUsersermons.lbxlls in your Libronix resource folder? If you do then you should be able to scan that folder using the command above to get it in your resource folder. If not, I'm not certain what's wrong, have you clicked the compile button for your sermons?

Posts 177
Wesley Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2010 11:20 AM

I have Logos usersermons in documents\Libronix Resources

I have compiled

Posts 177
Wesley Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2010 3:39 PM

At Last! I'm not sure what happened but finally I saw the little Logos icon in the corner as it was indexing and when it was finished I had my sermon file!Big Smile

Thanks for the help!

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2010 3:52 PM

Excellent!

Posts 17
Dale McFarlane | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2010 2:23 AM

Hi. Now it's near the end of May, can we compile sermons on L4 yet?  If so, how?  If not, should I be able to open L3 still and compile there?

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2010 4:20 AM

DaleMcFarlane:

Hi. Now it's near the end of May, can we compile sermons on L4 yet?  If so, how?  If not, should I be able to open L3 still and compile there?

Unfortunately, no.

The newest beta cycle started yesterday and it doesn't have Sermon file capabilities. That doesn't mean it won't come later in the cycle, but I think it unlikely (just my educated guess, Logos seems to only introduce minor new features after the first Beta drops with lots of new features).

So yes, if you want to compile sermons you will have to do it in Libronix for now. The nice thing is that both Logos 4 and Libronix can run side by side quite well.

Posts 255
Bob Diebel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 13 2010 3:43 AM

It's now the middle of June. Any ETA on Sermon Compile?

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS