New Visual Filter Option 6.5 Beta 2

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 29 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 139
Dustin Pearson | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 14 2015 6:17 AM

Has anyone seen this in action:

Visual Filters

Data that indicates who was being spoken to (the addressee) in each instance of reported speech is now available.

• Adds a new “Addressees labels” visual filter that shows the addressee icon in the same location that the speaker icons go.
  • Searching for addressees is done using the label syntax {Addressee <%datatype %entity>}. For example: {Addressee <Person Jesus>}.
  • Addressees are shown in the Other References section in the Information Panel.
  • Added to the context menu under the Speaker.

I tried with a couple of bibles last night and not seeing the new additions and not sure if I am doing something wrong or if I didn't use the right resources. Tried with the NIV and ESV and just not seeing this working. Anyone else try it? Have any examples of it working you can share?

Thanks

Posts 1470
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 14 2015 6:28 AM

Dustin Pearson:
Anyone else try it?

I gave it a brief attempt last night and got nothing.  

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 1367
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 14 2015 6:52 AM

nothing for me either

Logos 7.16  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 1471
LogosEmployee
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 14 2015 7:54 AM

Dustin Pearson:
I tried with a couple of bibles last night and not seeing the new additions and not sure if I am doing something wrong or if I didn't use the right resources.

This is a Logos Now feature. Are you a Logos Now subscriber? 

Posts 1804
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 14 2015 7:57 AM

I am and also don't see the same problem. Are the resources supposed to be updated?

Forum ThemeEnhanced Forum Search

Custom PC: Core i7; 32GB RAM; GeForce GTX 970; Win 10 Pro
Google Pixel XL | Apple iPad pro 9.7

Posts 139
Dustin Pearson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 14 2015 7:59 AM

Yes, I have Logos Now (Did the one time year subscription).....

Posts 1471
LogosEmployee
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 14 2015 8:01 AM

Randy W. Sims:
I am and also don't see the same problem.

I will look into this and check that the correct dataset was unlocked. I will update you as soon as I figure out why you are not seeing it. Thank you for your patience. 

Posts 1804
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 14 2015 8:04 AM

Angela Murashov:

Randy W. Sims:

I will look into this and check that the correct dataset was unlocked. I will update you as soon as I figure out why you are not seeing it. Thank you for your patience. 

Er, sorry, I mistyped that. That should say: I am and also DO see the same problem.

Forum ThemeEnhanced Forum Search

Custom PC: Core i7; 32GB RAM; GeForce GTX 970; Win 10 Pro
Google Pixel XL | Apple iPad pro 9.7

Posts 1470
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 14 2015 9:06 AM

Angela Murashov:

This is a Logos Now feature. Are you a Logos Now subscriber? 

Yes

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 1367
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 14 2015 1:07 PM

John Kight:
Are you a Logos Now subscriber?

I am a NOW subscriber as well, and don't see the new feature

Logos 7.16  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 1471
LogosEmployee
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 14 2015 3:16 PM

Angela Murashov:

Randy W. Sims:

Unfortunately Logos Now users will have to wait until tomorrow morning in order to see this new feature. An update resource is required to be able to see this new visual filter, and it will be shipped out tomorrow morning.

We will update this thread once the resource will be available to download. 

Posts 139
Dustin Pearson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 14 2015 3:18 PM

Good news!

Thanks

Posts 1471
LogosEmployee
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2015 9:25 AM

Dustin Pearson:

Good news!

Thanks

The updated Reported Speech dataset has been shipped. Please enter "Update Resources" into the Command Bar and the download should begin. After the resource is downloaded, open up a Bible such as the ESV and the new Addressee labels visual filter should appear. 

Thank you for your patience! Smile Please let us know if there are any issues that come up. 

Posts 571
Martin Grainger Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2015 1:04 PM
Angela, in which category this new item can be included: Datasets, Interactive Media, Media Collections, Features or Other? I see no reference to it in the official page: https://www.logos.com/product/50138/logos-now. Many thanks, Martin.
Posts 249
LogosEmployee
Jacob Cerone | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2015 1:08 PM

Martin,

This would be a dataset. There is no reference to it on the official page or on the Logos Now sticky page because it is a beta release. We will update all these pages once 6.5 has been officially released. 

Posts 139
Dustin Pearson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2015 1:43 PM

It is working for me now.

Thanks

Posts 1367
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2015 2:27 PM

Angela Murashov:
the new Addressee labels visual filter should appear. 

Yep, working for me now too :-)

Quick question, is this the same data that is powering the info at the right click menu option when clicking on personal pronouns or generic words for people such as men, crowd, etc. like this...

Posts 1367
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2015 2:29 PM

In other words, is the new filter just a quicker more eye-catching way to see the data that was already there through the right click menu, or is this new data?

Posts 1471
LogosEmployee
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2015 2:33 PM

James Taylor:
this new data?

This is new data. If you right click on the text following the ear icon you should see the Speaker data. Here's how it should look like:

Posts 249
LogosEmployee
Jacob Cerone | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2015 2:35 PM

This dataset is built on the referent data but is new data. That is to say, the referent data is the same, but we've curated all the places someone is addressed. For instance, before you could find everywhere <Person Jesus> appeared. You could also find everywhere {Speaker <Person Jesus>} occurred. But now you can find interesting combinations like {Speaker <Person Jesus>} {Addressee <Place Jerusalem>}. Or {Speaker <Person Jesus>} {Addressee <Person God>}. The former will turn up Jesus' lament concerning Jerusalem's upcoming destruction lack of repentance. The later will find all places Jesus prays/speaks to God.

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS