Noet Freebie Friday is Expanding

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 23 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 9555
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 17 2015 5:20 AM

Noet Freebie Friday has been developing from a Freebie only to also add a $.99 deal as well. Be sure to check out the blog for this week's deals - http://blog.noet.com/2015/07/17/happy-freebie-friday-get-medieval-masterpieces-and-more-free/

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 17 2015 5:23 AM

I noticed this also and was able to take advantage of the free book and $.99 offer.  Nice.

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 17 2015 5:39 AM

Yes Last week's $.99 was greatly appreciated as well!

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 17 2015 6:07 AM

Yes, I'd add my feedback as a positive response to the expanded offer.

Posts 87
J David Shuttleworth | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 17 2015 6:12 AM

YesYes Great addition. Unfortunately I missed last weeks deal. 

Posts 1104
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 17 2015 6:25 AM

Yes

Posts 9555
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 17 2015 8:00 AM

J David Shuttleworth:
Unfortunately I missed last weeks deal. 

I feel your pain. I think that it is a challenge for many of us to connect each week but that is how life goes. I have a week coming up this summer that I will not be anywhere close to an internet connection on a Friday. I may have to ask my wife to log into my account and order it when I am away.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 17 2015 8:13 AM

Go to Settings and select "On" for the "Automatically Purchase Freebies" option. Stick out tongue

Posts 2315
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 17 2015 8:18 AM

I am very, very happy!

Posts 934
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 17 2015 8:35 AM

Francis:
Go to Settings and select "On" for the "Automatically Purchase Freebies" option. Stick out tongue

Don't forget to check the "exclude fiction" box!Stick out tongue

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 17 2015 9:52 AM

Matthew:

Francis:

Don't forget to check the "exclude fiction" box!Stick out tongue

If you exclude fiction you will miss out on some Harvard Classics.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1962
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 17 2015 10:34 AM

I don't understand with these Noet books. Do people actually buy these books for the purpose to expand their knowledge in Noet stuffs or is it because they're on sale?

Do you guys actually read your Noet books? Sorry I don't mean to tone-down the sale. I just want to know when exactly you guys use these books.

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 17 2015 10:42 AM

Mike, I personally enjoy classical literature, and thus find the Noet Freebies worth picking up. I dont think I have found much help in my Bible study because of them but they are certainly welcome in my library. Some of them are good for historical and philosophical study. Overall, I have enjoyed them and appreciate the steady stream of free content. 

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 934
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 17 2015 11:13 AM

mike:
Do you guys actually read your Noet books?

Despite my above quip (which was actually more relevant to Vyrso than Noet), I am very appreciative of these freebies. Even though some of them are fiction, as has been pointed out, they are classics. Some may be interested in them for homeschooling purposes, others to expand their knowledge, and others for the sheer joy of reading. There is also a monetary incentive, as has been pointed out in other threads. If the Harvard Classics are ever part of a larger set that you want, the more Harvard Classics you have, the higher ypur dynamic discount. There are lots of reasons to be interested in these freebies, and we are grateful to have them!

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 17 2015 11:13 AM

mike:
I don't understand with these Noet books. Do people actually buy these books for the purpose to expand their knowledge in Noet stuffs or is it because they're on sale?

These books come in handy in homeschooling. I bought all the Harvard Classics from .CP and they save us trips to the library. 

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 878
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 17 2015 11:38 AM

Francis:

Cool. Where is this? Thanks!

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 17 2015 12:03 PM

mike:

I just want to know when exactly you guys use these books.

Greek and Roman classics can shed light on the world of the NT and also the genres of NT writings. Aside from the educational, recreational, and cultural aspects of other classics, anyone interested in genre studies will encounter many references to such titles. Knowing them help follow the arguments that are being made.

Posts 9555
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 17 2015 1:32 PM

mike:
Do you guys actually read your Noet books?

I think that there is great value in reading the classics and I recognize that reading good fiction is a personal weakness of mine. Noet helps out with that.

Posts 525
Kent | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 17 2015 4:29 PM

Sorry, these are not the books I want from Noet. I would prefer the philosophy titles. Just my personal opinion.

Posts 9555
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 17 2015 5:09 PM

Kent:
I would prefer the philosophy titles.

Some of these have been offered in the past.

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS