CRASH : Logos exits and then hangs on every start-up try

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9
Yvan Rey | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jul 18 2015 1:09 AM

Hello,

Yvan Rey here.

I was reading a Bible passage on Logos 6. Then, suddenly, the computer tells me there's a problem (e.g. Logos quit unexpectedly, or something). I send the error message to Apple.

At every next try to start Logos from the Application Folder, the icon starts jumping up and down in the Dock. I look under the Apple Menu (at the upper left from my screen) under Force Quit, and it looks like Logos is hung up.

Any ideas ?

I don't have any sermon to prepare, or anything important really, so it doesn't really matter. Looks like I'm not the only one to have problems. I'll have a look on the other people's answers. Sorry if this is redundant.

Here are my logs.

God bless and take care.

Yvan Rey

Posts 4595
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 18 2015 3:40 AM

I can't see the problem in your logs. Is the problem reproducible?

Posts 10524
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 18 2015 4:44 AM

Yvan Rey:
I was reading a Bible passage on Logos 6. Then, suddenly, the computer tells me there's a problem (e.g. Logos quit unexpectedly, or something). I send the error message to Apple.

Don't know if this has anything to do with the problem, but I note that you are running Mac OS 10.10.2. Is there some reason that you have not updated to 10.10.4?

Found this error in your Logos.log—

07/18/2015 09:45:50 | ERROR | 55 | ResourceUtility | FormatException for saved position: Article=FROMFAILURETOSUCCESSLUKE51-11|ArticleLength=3149|Context=e%205:1–11)%0aThis%20event|Offset=39|OffsetInContext=10|Resource=LLS:29.3.5|Version=2007-05-01T22:22:09Z
07/18/2015 09:45:50 | ERROR | 55 | ResourceUtility | FormatException for saved position: Article=FROMFAILURETOSUCCESSLUKE51-11|ArticleLength=3149|Context=ipleship.%20%0aIt%20is%20pos|Offset=575|OffsetInContext=10|Resource=LLS:29.3.5|Version=2007-05-01T22:22:09Z

Resource=LLS:29.3.5 indicates a problem with the Bible Exposition Commentary at Luke 5:1-11. The resource may have become corrupted. Try opening Logos to a blank layout by holding down the Command key immediately after you launch from the Applications folder or from the Dock. If this is successful, try opening the Bible Exposition Commentary to Luke 5:1-11. If Logos crashes, you have found the culprit.

Let us know what you find.

Posts 9
Yvan Rey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 18 2015 7:59 AM

Hello Mr Fredc and Mr Caviness,

This afternoon, I tried to open Logos twice. The error message twice received was "Logos quit unexpectedly the last time it was run. Do you want to send a crash report to Logos ?". I clicked on "Send", then Logos opened.

After forgetting to load in to a blank layout, I did it, following Mr Caviness instructions. Then chose "Work off-line" that is (off the internet). After having search in "Bible Exposition Commentary", I did open Luke 5.1-11. Then, to be sure, I started Logos again with the home page. After having performed the same search, everything is fine.

So, problem solved and thank you, dear Sirs.

P.S. : Yes, Mr Fredc, my OS is still Mac OS X 10.10.2, because of mistrust of too recent updates.

Posts 4595
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 18 2015 10:47 AM

Yvan Rey:

P.S. : Yes, Mr Fredc, my OS is still Mac OS X 10.10.2, because of mistrust of too recent updates.

That was Jack who asked about your OS. I am a windows user so I cannot tell you anything about the Mac OS versions. I can tell you that if I were running a Mac, I would update anytime they had a stable release.

Posts 10524
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 18 2015 11:02 AM

Yvan Rey:
my OS is still Mac OS X 10.10.2, because of mistrust of too recent updates.

10.10.4 has been very stable for me. However, stay away from 10.11 (El Capitan) until Apple eliminates all the bugs in that version.

Yvan Rey:
everything is fine.

Glad to hear that.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS