Biblical places and Logos 6

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 242
Lankford Oxendine | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 21 2015 4:27 PM

I'm going through Logos Mobile Ed course NT221 and there was a video on using the Bible Facts tool to find distances between cities in Logos 5. This has changed in Logos 6 and it seems for the worse.

1)  Running a city search in Factbook results in Atlas maps at the top of the search.  These seem to be pretty worthless.  Very slow on a top of the line Macbook Pro with very little information.  What is the point of these Atlas maps?

2) To get to the Biblical Places Maps, I have to scroll down to the "Library Results" section, click on "Biblical Places Maps" then click on "Search Biblical places maps" to see all the maps for a particular entry.  Too many clicks!!

3)  Once I'm on a Biblical Places Map, the Google Maps link has been removed.  This was very handy in Logos 5.

Am I missing something?  Please tell me that I am and show me the light. 

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 21 2015 5:16 PM

Have you tried using the Atlas rather the media section of the Factbook

Posts 53
LogosEmployee
Michael Meiser (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 21 2015 10:48 PM

Lankford Oxendine:

1)  Running a city search in Factbook results in Atlas maps at the top of the search.  These seem to be pretty worthless.  Very slow on a top of the line Macbook Pro with very little information.  What is the point of these Atlas maps?

2) To get to the Biblical Places Maps, I have to scroll down to the "Library Results" section, click on "Biblical Places Maps" then click on "Search Biblical places maps" to see all the maps for a particular entry.  Too many clicks!!

3)  Once I'm on a Biblical Places Map, the Google Maps link has been removed.  This was very handy in Logos 5.

1) The Atlas tool is actually pulling the information from the web as opposed to locally on your hard drive. Thus, the speed of your machine will have less to do with the speed of loading the Atlas as the speed of the transfer of data between your machine and the Faithlife servers. Hopefully this performance will be improved over time.

2) An easier way to access the Biblical Places Maps from the Factbook is to simply click the link "Search Media for ???." This will launch a new search panel. In the library resources section of this search panel, the Biblical Places Maps will be the first images shown. Only one click needed! See this screenshot for an example using the place Galilee.

3) The Google Maps link has been removed from the Biblical Places Maps. It now resides in the Atlas tool within the tool panel menu. You can search both Google Maps and Bing Maps now.

Hope this helps give you some direction.

Free Logos Tutorials on YouTube: Digital Bible Study Made Easy

Posts 242
Lankford Oxendine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 22 2015 9:32 AM

Thanks Mike for the helpful training!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS