David Platt's Sermons now on Pre-Pub!!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 23 2015 7:43 AM

Excited to get these into Logos. Lets all bid and get it moving :)

https://www.logos.com/product/52481/david-platt-sermon-archive

PS. for anyone who thinks Logos doesn't listen - the title was requested here, and eventually added to Pre-Pub. 

They may not respond personally to every title requested, but they do pay attention. Its in their best interests to sell the titles their consumer base requires.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 688
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 23 2015 7:47 AM

"Bid" isn't the word as it is not a CP (but a Pre-Pub)

Also how long has this been offered - as is already has over half of the "gathering interest" bar populated.

by the way I'm in

Shalom

Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 23 2015 8:39 AM

300 sermons for $80?  With Piper you get 1300 sermons for $100.  Considering he doesn't have the length of ministry that other sermon collections do, why is Platt's so interesting?

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 23 2015 9:10 AM

Kevin A Lewis:
Also how long has this been offered - as is already has over half of the "gathering interest" bar populated.

I placed my order on 5/27.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 23 2015 9:27 AM

Its been offered since may 21 I believe. Bid, order. Semantics.

Everett - listen to some of his sermons. He's quite good. Also as a southern baptist, it helps you get to know the guy whose in charge of our missions program. Further, he's a product of an SBC seminary. He's a sterling example of what the seminaries are producing. He has written/is writing a number of commentaries and is having a significant impact in the upcoming generation of pastors.

But mostly, I think he's probably my favorite preacher right now. I always come away blessed and having learned something. He is good at expressing his passion for the lost. He's well read - even reading and citing the works of other traditions. Whats more he tends to mention his sources - in theory that should mean ample tagging.

Besides, thats ~ .25 USD per sermon...

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 60
Rustamania | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 23 2015 9:42 AM

Would like to see the secret church sermons included in this.  I don't see them, unless I missed it.

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 23 2015 10:16 AM

I would like to see those included as well as the "Radical" sermons.

However I believe these are just the sermons from the church at brook hills.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS