Passage Guide Suggestion

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
This post has 19 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 46
depdad | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 23 2015 1:49 PM

Have the option to load all the commentaries of your library at one time, when using the Passage Guide, instead of having to repeatedly scroll down and click "more."

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 23 2015 2:30 PM

That could be a very, very long list for some users. If you would like to see certain commentaries first in the list you can prioritize the ones you want to see.

https://wiki.logos.com/Prioritizing

Posts 46
depdad | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2015 2:52 PM

Even with the long list, I'd like to see an "option" to have it either loaded as it presently does or with all the commentaries listed.

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2015 3:22 PM

I agree with this. I don't mind clicking 'more' once, but it seems a bit strange that I have to keep clicking more to get batches of 20 or so commentaries. This doesn't happen in other areas of the program. That said, if someone was silly enough to do a passage guide on Gen-Rev, and then click 'more', there probably ought to be some mechanism to prevent Logos going into meltdown. Perhaps 'more' could add 100 commentaries at a time, instead of the 20 or so it is at the moment?

Posts 352
Cynthia Tucker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2015 7:28 PM

I agree. It's annoying to have to click "More" more than once.

Author of the Chronological Word Truth Life Bible Series

WordTruthLifeBible.com

Posts 3076
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 10 2015 11:03 AM

Mark Barnes:
I don't mind clicking 'more' once, but it seems a bit strange that I have to keep clicking more to get batches of 20

How about a "See All" button alongside the "More" button?

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2015 9:25 AM

Doc B:
How about a "See All" button alongside the "More" button?

Yes

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 46
depdad | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 3 2015 10:32 AM

The iPhone App loads all the commentaries without having to use "more."  I keep hearing the same reason, "could be very, very long for some users." Logos, please give us the option to load them all at once. It takes longer to hit "more" than it would to just load them all at once.

Posts 934
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 3 2015 4:02 PM

I would suggest an option to display all commentaries by default without having to click "more," but if this option is turned off, I there should then be one link for "more" and one for "show all." The best of both worlds!

Posts 46
depdad | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2015 10:07 AM

With each new update for Logos 6, I'm looking for this option to be added. Like the other updates, I was disappointed to see that they did not add this. Please continue to consider adding this option.

Posts 5577
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2015 9:08 AM

A "Show All" option would be great.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2015 9:53 AM

SineNomine:
A "Show All" option would be great

Yes, it would be great. Just make sure it is an option.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 3076
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2015 10:08 AM

Super.Tramp:
Just make sure it is an option.

Agreed.

I suggested back in August that in addition to the 'more' button, a 'see all' button appear in the list. I see this exact programming in a lot of different places, so I suspect it is not difficult to do. Looks like it would be an easy addition.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 46
depdad | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2016 7:45 PM

I wonder if Logos is even reading these posts?

Posts 33454
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2016 8:13 PM

They assure us that they are read and catalogued. I suspect that when Logos is working on a particular feature they reread and prioritize the suggestions for that feature  ... because when a feature is worked on we often see some of the suggestions implemented. New features also appear now and then after they've been suggested but how they get prioritized, I have no idea.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2768
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2016 7:57 AM

Richard John Shannon:

I wonder if Logos is even reading these posts?

The Commentaries section in the 6.10 release should have a setting for the number of resources you want per page. You can set this to something large in your guide template to make all your resource hits in future guides show up without any "more" button.

Andrew Batishko | Faithlife software developer

Posts 855
Ron Corbett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 30 2016 8:58 AM

I might not mind clicking the MORE button so much if it didn't open up in a new window - that's just MORE arranging I need to do to keep my workspace clean. Sad

Posts 33454
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 30 2016 1:44 PM

Ron, could you post a screen shot? I've not seen the behavior you describe which would be a bug - <more> should always extend in the same panel.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 46
depdad | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 30 2016 1:54 PM

Have we already received that version? If so, can you explain how to do this? Thank you very much :)

Posts 33454
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 30 2016 2:20 PM

Richard John Shannon:
Have we already received that version?

No, 6.9 was released this week. 6.10 should be about 6 weeks out.

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS