Clicking on reading plan makes Logos 6 crash again and again

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 23 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 10 2015 10:46 AM

Jonathan Haas:

Hi Daniel,

I'm sorry that you're crashing here! I'll create a case and see what we can do.

-Jonathan

6.5 is now available on the stable channel and it includes this fix. 

Posts 92
Daniel M | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 12 2015 5:38 AM

Hi Angela,

Sorry to say the fix didn't solve my problem. Now I can't even open the devotional on my desktop anymore (Holiness Day by Day, Jerry Bridges), it crashes Logos. I have no problem on my Android device. Interestingly enough the reading plan appears empty on the desktop after the update (there are dates but no pages to read), while it is still "filled" on my Android device. I deleted the reading plan to see if that would solve the problem with the resource, but it doesn't. Trying to open the resource from the library makes Logos crash. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Posts 31
LogosEmployee
Jonathan Haas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 12 2015 8:44 AM

Hi Daniel,

The fact that the readings are not filled is expected with the update. Since the readings that were returned from the Android device were malformed, the new update now ignores them instead of displaying a broken link that will crash the application.

Daniel M:

Now I can't even open the devotional on my desktop anymore (Holiness Day by Day, Jerry Bridges), it crashes Logos.

This is a more difficult question. I would guess that you have a preference saved that is incorrect, and is resulting in the resource not knowing where to go. If you can do a basic search with a hit in that resource, then click on that resource, it may open correctly and clear that flag. (I did an "Everything" search in "HDD:TTYSJ" for "mercy" and clicked on the first hit) If you are still crashing, please post your logs and we will try something else.

-Jonathan

Posts 92
Daniel M | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 12 2015 9:37 AM

Thanks so much Jonathan, I did as you suggested and the problem seems to be solved with that. I recreated the reading plan as well and it all seems to work properly now!

Thanks again!

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS