The Logos Back-to-School Sale is Live

Page 1 of 2 (37 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 36 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 172
LogosEmployee
Jonathan J Watson | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 31 2015 5:14 PM

The 2015 Logos Back-to-School Sale is here! We’re offering some of the best commentaries, systematic theologies, original-language resources, as well as dictionaries and reference works, plus 24 additional products.

Also included this year is a new category: Educational Essentials. These are products that I believe any serious student should consider. Even though they aren’t discounted, I wanted to highlight them during the Back-to-School Sale.

Finally, we’ve partnered with our friends at Fortress Press to offer a free book each week of the Back-to-School Sale. Similar to our Free Book of the Month, I think you’re going to enjoy them. 

Thanks!

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 31 2015 5:26 PM

YesYes

Posts 1696
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 31 2015 5:53 PM

No

Not much in there most students can afford and I do not tweet or compromise my computer security intentionally by making use of Facebook - so I have no access to sharing the free book information - though I would enjoy having The Book on Genesis 1-3.

Sigh.

Posts 26716
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 31 2015 6:58 PM

JoshInRI:
I do not tweet or compromise my computer security intentionally by making use of Facebook

I have a love-hate relationship with FB. It is good to keep up with friends and family from around the country, but I hate that FB works against my privacy wishes. I have no use for Twitter, but neither it nor Facebook compromise your "computer security." You can sign up for either one, use it to get freebies here and elsewhere, and otherwise never use it. 

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 3936
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 31 2015 7:24 PM

I see facebook as a tool for ministry. it lets me into the homes of people I may not otherwise have such access too...

So when the weird kid from kindergarten sends a friend request, I accept it.  Then I unfollow everyone whose garbage I don't want to see, and viola. Further I don't share information with facebook that I'm not comfortable having out there. If facebook wants my phone number, they get my secretary's number at the church. Other than at church, no I'm not going to "check in", no one needs to know when I'm out of town so vacation pictures are only posted after the trip.

I used to have to know quite a bit about how facebook privacy worked - and you could secure it reasonably well (well enough the missions org I was with allows(ed) their missionaries in hostile countries to maintain their social network.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 907
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 31 2015 7:27 PM

Jonathan J Watson:
Finally, we’ve partnered with our friends at Fortress Press to offer a free book each week of the Back-to-School Sale. Similar to our Free Book of the Month, I think you’re going to enjoy them. 

Thanks, just got the Continental Commentary on Genesis 1-11  - a $49.95 value - for free Yes

Posts 60
Alan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 31 2015 7:37 PM

How exactly do you download it?  I sent out the tweet but I am not sure what to do next.

Posts 172
LogosEmployee
Jonathan J Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 31 2015 7:48 PM

Once you successfully share or tweet, a box will drop down with an "Add free book to cart" button. This will add it to your cart for free. 

Posts 26716
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 31 2015 7:48 PM

Alan:

How exactly do you download it?  I sent out the tweet but I am not sure what to do next.

After you tweet or use FB (by using the links provided), you should see this:

Click on "add free book to cart."

Posts 60
Alan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 31 2015 7:56 PM

Aha.  Thanks.   I somehow missed the button the first time and I think I refreshed the page and it was gone.

Posts 8701
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2015 3:40 AM

abondservant:
I see facebook as a tool for ministry.

That's exactly how I view it and use it too!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2015 4:34 AM

How long will the Back-to-School sales be available?  I wasn't able to find it on the page.

Posts 1696
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2015 7:34 AM

(removed)

Posts 26716
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2015 7:47 AM

JoshInRI:
Awfully biased toward the time wasting social media outlets.  How about the rest of us please?

Pretty stubborn, JoshInRI. Stick out tongue I already told you it is simple to get an account and it doesn't compromise your computer. If you want the resource, suck it up and sign up for an account... then only use it to get the free resources / enter contests. But really, you just like to complain. Be honest now... If you didn't need to use a social media site to get this offer, you would get the book, decide it doesn't fit your theological / denomination perspective, then ask for the free resource to be returned. Right? Big Smile

Posts 26716
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2015 7:48 AM

Oh, I should add...

There is nothing wrong with FL requiring users to utilize social media to get a freebie. You are PAYING for the resource by ADVERTISING for the company. Seems like an equitable deal to me.

Posts 3639
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2015 12:08 PM

I tried twice & it posted successfully twice, but no dropdown box. Now what? (Since it isn't working for me, I don't feel comfortable in sharing & removed it.)

Posts 445
Dave Moser | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2015 12:14 PM

I had to use a different browser to get it to work. (I usually use Chrome and switched to IE)

Posts 1660
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2015 2:16 PM

abondservant:
and viola.

i prefer the oboe when on Facebook.

Win7/10 Android/Fire OS 5

Posts 26716
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2015 2:23 PM

Smile

Posts 260
DanC | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2015 2:28 PM

I could only get it to work on Chrome, not Firefox or IE.

Page 1 of 2 (37 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS