Problem after Windows 10 Update

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 4
Jesse Díaz | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 31 2015 8:13 PM

My PC was running Proclaim just fine on Windows 7.  After the Windows 10 update, Proclaim seems to be the only program on my machine that will not run.  It will not even bring up the sign-in prompt.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled it various times with no luck.  When I click on it, it just ignores the command.  I checked for error logs to submit, but since it won't even bring up the sign-in, it is not making any entries.  I can't even locate where the program files are.  I've checked both "programs" folders and cannot find "Logos" or "Proclaim" folders.  Not sure if they are stored in a folder with a different name.  Anyway, I tried everything I could think of prior to seeking help here.  I hope somebody has seen this before....  

Thanks for any help anyone may be able to offer.

Blessings.

Posts 1
Kai Elliott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2015 7:30 AM

I'm having the same issue. I was running Logos 5 on Windows 8 with no problems, but since updating to Windows 10, Logos will not open. Whenever I try to open it, the Logos Bible Software logo appears in the middle of the screen for a couple seconds before disappearing as though nothing had happened. Neither can I find Logos in my program files.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2015 9:21 AM

Kai Elliott:

I'm having the same issue. I was running Logos 5 on Windows 8 with no problems, but since updating to Windows 10, Logos will not open. Whenever I try to open it, the Logos Bible Software logo appears in the middle of the screen for a couple seconds before disappearing as though nothing had happened. Neither can I find Logos in my program files.

Are you getting log files when you try to run Logos? https://wiki.logos.com/diagnostic_logging#How_do_I_get_a_diagnostic_log.3f

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2015 9:24 AM

Jesse Díaz:

My PC was running Proclaim just fine on Windows 7.  After the Windows 10 update, Proclaim seems to be the only program on my machine that will not run.  It will not even bring up the sign-in prompt.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled it various times with no luck.  When I click on it, it just ignores the command.  I checked for error logs to submit, but since it won't even bring up the sign-in, it is not making any entries.  I can't even locate where the program files are.  I've checked both "programs" folders and cannot find "Logos" or "Proclaim" folders.  Not sure if they are stored in a folder with a different name.  Anyway, I tried everything I could think of prior to seeking help here.  I hope somebody has seen this before....  

Thanks for any help anyone may be able to offer.

Blessings.

Proclaim is installed in the following path %LOCALAPPDATA%\Proclaim\System

Do you see it there? What happens if you try to double click the Proclaim.exe file directly? Do you see anything in the Windows Event Viewer?

Posts 15
Rick Martinez | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2015 9:29 AM

This same exact issue is happening to me.  My files have disappeared completely from my program files and I can´t open Logos 5.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2015 9:31 AM

ricardomartinez:

This same exact issue is happening to me.  My files have disappeared completely from my program files and I can´t open Logos 5.

Do you use Proclaim as well? I see a post here in the Logos 5 forum that claims to fix this issue.

Posts 4
Jesse Díaz | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2015 10:47 AM

I'm going to check.  Thanks for the tip.

Posts 5
Don Lance | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 22 2015 6:13 PM

Ditto for me too on the exact same problem.  Unable to start Proclaim at all.  I have spent an hour uninstalling and re-installing, uninstalling .NET framework and then reinstalling, deleting the Proclaim directory manually, etc.  Nothing is working.  Every other application on my PC I've checking (~30 of them) is working with no problems... only Proclaim.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 22 2015 6:31 PM

Don Lance:

Ditto for me too on the exact same problem.  Unable to start Proclaim at all.  I have spent an hour uninstalling and re-installing, uninstalling .NET framework and then reinstalling, deleting the Proclaim directory manually, etc.  Nothing is working.  Every other application on my PC I've checking (~30 of them) is working with no problems... only Proclaim.

Is there anything in the windows event logs?

Posts 5
Don Lance | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 22 2015 6:40 PM

Yes, after each time I try to start Proclaim, the following appears in the event logs:

Faulting application name: Proclaim.exe, version: 1.29.0.426, time stamp: 0x55b14bc4
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.10240.16430, time stamp: 0x55c59f92
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000025ba4
Faulting process id: 0x2a20
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0dd3fdb305250
Faulting application path: C:\Users\Don\AppData\Local\Proclaim\System\Proclaim.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: a9689e4e-0b57-4d0d-8caa-0d5affbbbacc
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 22 2015 6:45 PM

Please check to see if you have the web companion app installed as outlined here - https://community.logos.com/forums/p/114356/758015.aspx#758015

Posts 5
Don Lance | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 22 2015 7:34 PM

I checked -- WebCompanion is not installed.  I did a search for the lavasoft files under the \Windows directory, and none could be found.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 22 2015 7:54 PM

Hmm, are you getting a Proclaim log file when you try to run? http://support.proclaimonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/203763785-How-do-I-submit-log-files-

Posts 5
Don Lance | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 22 2015 8:03 PM

Just checked.  There was a Proclaim log file, but it was timestamped as an old one before I did the Windows 10 update.  So new log file from running Proclaim since the update.

I checked for the install logs, since I had reinstalled Proclaim, and I do have those logs timestamped today.  I glanced at the logs to see if anything looked amiss, but nothing was obvious to me.  Someone familiar with the log diagnostics would be able to tell for sure, if you want to look at them.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 22 2015 8:43 PM

There are a few other applications that are known to cause issues with Proclaim. Please follow the instructions here but instead of looking LavaSoftTcpOff, look for the following

ASProxy64.dll

ColorMedia64.dll

CovenantEyesProxy64.dll

ecSyvY64.dll

Gambali64.dll

gipoaurex64.dll

PCProtect64.dll

qproxy64.dll

scxy64.dll

WeWatcherLSP64.dll

WebWatcherLSP64.dll

Posts 5
Don Lance | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 23 2015 7:01 PM

I did a search for all of the above files in the \Windows directory and all its subdirectories.  I have none of the above files on my system.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 23 2015 9:47 PM

I'll speak to customer support about this in the morning and see if we can get to the bottom of this. Thanks for your patience.

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS