Windows 10 won't let me install anything

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2445
mab | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 6 2015 1:54 AM

I updated my 7 laptop to 10 and after fixing a display issue, I wanted to install Start 10. I can't turn off Windows SmartScreen. can't use the Task Manager, it just flashes for a second. I'm the Admin and won't run as admin and this just baffles me. I can't turn off Defender either 

Any ideas?

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 4768
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 6 2015 2:37 AM

Sounds like this should be in the Windows 10 forums rather than the Logos forums. That said, maybe someone will jump in and help.

Posts 2445
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 6 2015 9:58 AM

I managed to turn off the nanny stuff, but it still wouldn't go. Went back to Win 7. Too bad, my other machines upgraded without this hassle.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 180
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 6 2015 11:16 AM

Not sure how bad you want 10 on that machine. You have the option to download the ISO file, and do a clean install. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 

Posts 2445
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 6 2015 11:33 AM

I'd love to have it. It's faster than 7. My guess is that I should have avoided the express settings for set up. Other than having to get the display set up right and this hangup, everything else was fine.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS