Bug: Greek Alphabet Tutor audio (mis)pronunciations for erasmian

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 30
Flav | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 6 2015 7:26 PM

I just started learning greek and noticed that the Greek Alphabet Tutor does not have the correct pronunciation for the erasmian scheme. Eg. in the word list below: β (beta) is pronounced with a v sound (as in van) instead of b (as in boy) and δ (delta) as "th" (as it that) instead of d (as in dog).

Basically, no matter which pronunciation scheme I choose it all sounds the same. 

Posts 30
Diego Lara | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 6 2015 9:49 PM

I was not even aware that you can change the pronunciation scheme? How do I do that?

Logos 6 Platinum on Windows 10

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 7 2015 6:21 AM

Diego Lara:

I was not even aware that you can change the pronunciation scheme? How do I do that?

TOOLS >> Pronunciation>> this will allow you to select any of several pronunciation schemes installed.

OR

Pronunciation

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 30
Flav | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 7 2015 7:20 AM

Upon further investigation, I've noticed that when you change the pronunciation scheme in the pronunciation tool referenced in the post above, the Greek Alphabet Tutor (GAT) will also reflect this change after you close and reopen it. Therefore each time you want to change the pronunciation scheme in the GAT, you need to change the pronunciation scheme from the pronunciation tool first and reopen the GAT Tongue Tied

Posts 813
LogosEmployee
Eli Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 10 2015 10:52 AM

Hello everyone,

Flav:
each time you want to change the pronunciation scheme in the GAT, you need to change the pronunciation scheme from the pronunciation tool first and reopen the GAT Tongue Tied

This is unfortunately correct for the time being. We have an open ticket to add UI to the GAT interactive itself to switch schemes. I don't have an estimate on when we'll make that happen yet.

Thanks for the feedback!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS