Missing resources on Windows 10 (+ the half of my library)

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 69
Ernesto Ochoa | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 7 2015 2:21 AM

I updated to Windows 10 (clean install) and install Logos 6. The installation process was perfect. But when the library was synchronized I found this:

Logos 6 on Mac:

Logos 6 on Mac

Logos 6 on Windows 10:

Logos 6 on Windows 10

Missing 1,792 resources. I have installed 6 Logos again with the same result. The resources between Mac and Windows never are the same but this difference it´s huge.

Logos 6 it´s running on Windows without any other issue (until now).

Confused

Posts 12166
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 7 2015 2:34 AM

Assuming that you are using the same Logos user-id on both installations (and thus have licenses to all of the 3412 books), I'd suggest running the command update resources on the Win10 machine.

One alternative idea: if you only own the 1792 books, but took part in the free month of Logos Cloud with your Mac - then your library may still show resources with a temporary license which has run out.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 69
Ernesto Ochoa | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 7 2015 3:16 AM

Hi, NB.Mick.

Yes, I´m using the same ID on both. I tried to running the command update but nothing. 

I´m not sure but I belive that I´m not using Logos Cloud free month. How can I know if I´m using Logos Cloud?

Thanks.

Posts 12166
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 7 2015 4:02 AM

If you view the library in grid mode, you can (by right-clicking in the column header and selecting) show the column "license" - does it show "temporary" books (like 1.7k of them) on the Mac and if so, you can't open the resource? 

If you only see permanent licenses then this is not the issue. Maybe enabling http://wiki.logos.com/diagnostic_logging (e.g. start the program with CTRL pressed), running the command again and then sharing the Logos.Log file here would help - there have been instances where an error in one of the update databases precludes ownload of all one's resources.

You can also call CS and have a technician log on to your machine.  

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 69
Ernesto Ochoa | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 7 2015 4:31 AM

All my licenses are "Permanent" on Mac but some resources are unavailable (I get message: This resource is no longer in your library). I´ll call to CS.

Thank you Bro.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS