Sherlock Holmes on CP

Page 1 of 2 (32 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 31 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2348
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 11 2015 2:32 PM

I wouldn't mind getting these resources if we can get the price to drop by about half.

https://www.logos.com/product/53838/the-sherlock-holmes-collection 

Posts 3194
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2015 3:45 PM

I would be more interested if this was an audio collection.

Posts 8979
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2015 3:48 PM

Ronald Quick:
I wouldn't mind getting these resources if we can get the price to drop by about half.

Agreed

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 543
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2015 5:26 PM

Ronald Quick:

https://www.logos.com/product/53838/the-sherlock-holmes-collection 

Agreed Smile

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 499
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2015 5:40 PM

I clicked 12 a while back. Not sure why people thought should want to pay more the bar went up higher at a higher price. We'll see if I get it for 12.

Posts 2348
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2015 6:04 PM

I'd love to see it go for $12.  I currently have a bid for $16.

Posts 2339
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2015 6:37 PM

Excellent! I hadn't known SH was on pre-pub. I just bid $18.

Short term goal should be lowering the projected price, which might encourage more users to bid. Seems doable at the current stage.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 3111
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 12 2015 6:49 AM

Ronald Quick:

Just a few more low end bids and it will.

Posts 352
Cynthia Tucker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 12 2015 8:52 AM

I love Sherlock Holmes, but am a bit perplexed about them being offered in Logos. Not complaining, just wondering.  Is there a theological aspect of Sherlock that I've been missing?

Author of the Chronological Word Truth Life Bible Series

WordTruthLifeBible.com

Posts 10109
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 12 2015 8:56 AM

Cynthia Tucker:

I love Sherlock Holmes, but am a bit perplexed about them being offered in Logos. Not complaining, just wondering.  Is there a theological aspect of Sherlock that I've been missing?

Not to my knowledge or what I remember from reading them years ago in a large paper "omnibus" collection...

I would have expected them to show up on Noet rather than Logos - maybe it's just the site capabilities (no CP on Noet.com, right?) and additionally the exposure to a larger customer base.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 1077
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 12 2015 9:03 AM

I like Sherlock Holmes also but lets not keep bidding so high on this only later to try and drop the price down. Im in at 12.. just saying.

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 352
Cynthia Tucker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 12 2015 9:11 AM

NB.Mick:

Cynthia Tucker:

Not to my knowledge or what I remember from reading them years ago in a large paper "omnibus" collection...

I would have expected them to show up on Noet rather than Logos - maybe it's just the site capabilities (no CP on Noet.com, right?) and additionally the exposure to a larger customer base.

Maybe they will eventually move the series to Noet. And I think I had the same Omibus collection! Big Smile

WordTruthLifeBible.com

Posts 87
Michael Sullivan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 12 2015 10:26 AM

Whyndell Grizzard:

I would be more interested if this was an audio collection.

There is a certain company named after "a rain forest" that has an heirloom collection edition for their device named after "starting a fire".  That edition also has an audio edition available from its sister "audio able" company than can "quietly sync" with the reader's edition.  The reader for the audio edition  (Simon Vance) is very good.  

Posts 27778
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 12 2015 10:40 AM

Cynthia Tucker:
Maybe they will eventually move the series to Noet.

I was going to suggest that perhaps they are "double listed," but this series isn't! I am perplexed about this as well. FWIW- I have no problem with these showing up on prepub in Logos. I do think, however, that this is WAY overvalued. Even at $12. For me, the ONLY value in books like this being in my library is the potential use as an illustration at some point. I would be interested in reading them, but I am sure they can be acquired free or for 99¢ on Kindle.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 27778
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 12 2015 10:43 AM

Michael Sullivan:
There is a certain company named after "a rain forest" that has an heirloom collection edition for their device named after "starting a fire".  That edition also has an audio edition available from its sister "audio able" company than can "quietly sync" with the reader's edition.  The reader for the audio edition  (Simon Vance) is very good.  

Very diplomatic. Big Smile

I love doing that. I picked up the audio book of "The Wizard of Oz" that way and my boys are loving listening to it while we run errands. Another one I picked up recently is "The Last of the Doughboys" about the last of the WWI vets. 

Posts 797
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 12 2015 10:52 AM

alabama24:

I would be interested in reading them, but I am sure they can be acquired free or for 99¢ on Kindle.

Yes. I'm willing to pay for the value added stuff FL gives to Logos resources, but what's there to add here?

BTW, alabama, are you really at 20,000 posts?

Posts 27778
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 12 2015 12:29 PM

I guess so. Smile

Posts 983
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 12 2015 3:16 PM

Cynthia Tucker:
 Is there a theological aspect of Sherlock that I've been missing?

Not sure about Sherlock, but I believe that Doyle was a Spiritualist. I seem to recall that is reputed to be the reason that inspired GK Chesterton to write the Father Brown stories.

Posts 352
Cynthia Tucker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 12 2015 6:10 PM

JohnB:

Cynthia Tucker:
 Is there a theological aspect of Sherlock that I've been missing?

Not sure about Sherlock, but I believe that Doyle was a Spiritualist. I seem to recall that is reputed to be the reason that inspired GK Chesterton to write the Father Brown stories.

Interesting! I didn't know that.

WordTruthLifeBible.com

Posts 2339
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 13 2015 8:16 AM

JohnB:

Not sure about Sherlock, but I believe that Doyle was a Spiritualist.

He surely had some dodgy beliefs...

https://books.logos.com/#content=/books/7218

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Page 1 of 2 (32 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS