Coming in September: Zondervan / Thomas Nelson Dynamic Pricing and Sale Event

Page 4 of 6 (117 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >
This post has 116 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 14 2015 9:45 AM

Super.Tramp:

Brandon Rappuhn:
This is a known bug. That 5% is supposed to be the extra discount you get on top of dynamic pricing (well, you get it whether you have dynamic pricing or not, it's part of the sale). We're working on getting it fixed so that it shows you the sale discount independently of the dynamic price discounts.

It is not showing ANY sale discount for me.

I am still waiting to see my sale discount.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 2589
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 14 2015 10:17 AM

Sorry if I missed it, but what about customers who are non-US residents?

Posts 107
Brandon Rappuhn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 14 2015 10:36 AM

Super.Tramp:

Super.Tramp:

Brandon Rappuhn:
This is a known bug. That 5% is supposed to be the extra discount you get on top of dynamic pricing (well, you get it whether you have dynamic pricing or not, it's part of the sale). We're working on getting it fixed so that it shows you the sale discount independently of the dynamic price discounts.

It is not showing ANY sale discount for me.

I am still waiting to see my sale discount.

If you're signed out, what price do you see? You should be getting the sale discount, same as everyone else (if you're not, please let us know!). The sale prices outside of dynamic pricing are:
$14,045.93 - Zondervan/TN Bundle (w/o sale, it would show you $14,785.19. Is this what you're seeing?)

$8,074.67 - Zondervan Bundle (w/o sale $8,499.65)

$5,971.27 - Thomas Nelson Bundle (w/o sale $6,285.54)

$1,240.39 - Spanish bundle (w/o sale $1,305.67)

When you're signed in, you should be getting both your Dynamic Price plus the 5% off. The bug, which we are still in the process of fixing, is that the store doesn't distinguish between your dynamic price and the additional 5% (it just lumps them together and calls it a dynamic price).

If that's what you're waiting for, we've been hacking away at it, it's among our highest priorities. If you are seeing the non-sale prices listed above, let us know.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 14 2015 11:43 AM

Brandon Rappuhn:
When you're signed in, you should be getting both your Dynamic Price plus the 5% off. The bug, which we are still in the process of fixing, is that the store doesn't distinguish between your dynamic price and the additional 5% (it just lumps them together and calls it a dynamic price)

OK.   That is what is happening. 

So is the 5% sale price good through September? 

Is the sale price good on individual items or only the all-inclusive bundles?

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 145
Wayne Clarke | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 14 2015 1:00 PM

I am looking through the titles of both of these bundles and am wondering about why some of the resources are included.  For instance, within the Zondervan Bundle, why would I want both the 4th edition and 5th edition of "A Survey of the New Testament"?  Also, why would I want the three older versions of WBC commentaries Volume 19 (Psalms1-50), Volume 24 (Isaiah 1-33), and Volume 25 (Isaiah 34-66) when in the same bundle the revised edition of each of these three resources is already included?  The three WBC titles add $134.85 SRP to the price of the bundle.  In the case of the NT Survey, the older 4th edition adds $44.95 SRP to the bundled price.

Another example is that two editions (3rd and 4th) of "How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth".  The 3rd edition adds $12.99 to the price.  Another one I saw is "Grasping God’s Word" in which both the 2nd edition is included for $31.99 even though the 3rd edition is also included.

I am thinking these duplicates are in the new super-bundle because they are part of older smaller bundles and since the super-bundle includes all the other bundles, everything gets thrown in without any rationalization.

For me, this diminishes the value and certainly erodes the savings I might otherwise have realized if these 'redundant' resources were excluded from this super-bundle.  From what I see, in the Zondervan super-bundle I will have $224.78 of resources that would be useless to me and I am thinking are not much use for most people.

Posts 9433
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 14 2015 1:40 PM

Wayne Clarke:

For me, this diminishes the value and certainly erodes the savings I might otherwise have realized if these 'redundant' resources were excluded from this super-bundle. 

You can add to the list the original edition of The Expositors Bible Commentary. I don't want to have to buy both sets to get a 5% savings. Keep the newer (revised edition) one and ditch the original. That's $365 taken off suggested retail.

I wonder how many people want the Abridged version of the older commentary when they are buying both sets or the newer one? I'd dump that, too. Another $56 off the suggested total price.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 275
Greg Corbin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 14 2015 2:20 PM

Wow!  Count me in on this sale. The WBC is one of the absolute best values in commentaries, and I have a handful of missing volumes, updated volumes that I will snag.  I am hoping there are some less expensive bundles.

Posts 934
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 14 2015 3:14 PM

Wayne Clarke:
I am looking through the titles of both of these bundles and am wondering about why some of the resources are included.

I was wondering the same thing. I would guess the terms are being driven by the publisher, not Faithlife. Anyone on here know anyone at Zondervan or Thomas Nelson? If so, point them to this forum to see if some of the redundancy can be removed to lower costs. It's a long shot, but so was ever seeing dynamic pricing on WBC! For that matter, while you are at it, see if we can get some smaller, more affordable bundles carved out from within these massive ones! 

Posts 132
LogosEmployee
Chris duMond (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 14 2015 4:15 PM

Lee:

Sorry if I missed it, but what about customers who are non-US residents?

Dynamic Pricing and Sale pricing will apply to all customers. 

Posts 132
LogosEmployee
Chris duMond (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 14 2015 4:19 PM

Everett Headley:
 I am not sure how many of us in ministry using these tools can afford $3000+, even with payment plans.  It would seem that smaller bundles would be much more palatable. 

ALL Zondervan / Thomas Nelson collections will be dynamically priced and on sale for September. There will be a wide range of options and pricing. 

Posts 132
LogosEmployee
Chris duMond (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 14 2015 4:29 PM

Travis Walter:

My Dynamic pricing..

The Complete Thomas Nelson Bundle (511 vols.) $814.18

The Complete Zondervan Bundle (364 vols.) $4,673.12

Total:  $5487.30

Faithlife price:

The Complete Zondervan / Thomas Nelson Bundle (875 vols.)  $5,563.70

What am I getting for the extra $76.40?  (Not that I would buy this at these prices, but still).  Faithlife please look into your pricing.. Its broken.

This issue has been resolved. Thank you so much for bringing it to our attention. 

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 14 2015 5:27 PM

Has the "New to you" been added yet? I don't see it on my page...

Posts 132
LogosEmployee
Chris duMond (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 14 2015 5:28 PM

Don Awalt:

Has the "New to you" been added yet? I don't see it on my page...

We're actively pursuing this functionality. 

Posts 484
Travis Walter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 14 2015 5:58 PM

Chris duMond:

Travis Walter:

My Dynamic pricing..

The Complete Thomas Nelson Bundle (511 vols.) $814.18

The Complete Zondervan Bundle (364 vols.) $4,673.12

Total:  $5487.30

Faithlife price:

The Complete Zondervan / Thomas Nelson Bundle (875 vols.)  $5,563.70

What am I getting for the extra $76.40?  (Not that I would buy this at these prices, but still).  Faithlife please look into your pricing.. Its broken.

This issue has been resolved. Thank you so much for bringing it to our attention. 

I respectfully disagree.

Updated values:

My Dynamic pricing..

The Complete Thomas Nelson Bundle (511 vols.) $812.93 (down $2)

The Complete Zondervan Bundle (364 vols.) $4,678.54 (up $6!!)

Total:  $5491.47 (up $4)??

Faithlife price:

The Complete Zondervan / Thomas Nelson Bundle (875 vols.)  $5,535.13 (down $30ish but still $44 higher than sep purchases)

This is still broken.. 

Posts 684
Robert Peters | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 14 2015 7:24 PM

This is very tempting, but the price is overwhelming would like to see something simlar during Christmas time. 

Posts 205
LogosEmployee
Kent Hendricks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 14 2015 8:04 PM

Travis Walter:

Updated values:

My Dynamic pricing..

The Complete Thomas Nelson Bundle (511 vols.) $812.93 (down $2)

The Complete Zondervan Bundle (364 vols.) $4,678.54 (up $6!!)

Total:  $5491.47 (up $4)??

Faithlife price:

The Complete Zondervan / Thomas Nelson Bundle (875 vols.)  $5,535.13 (down $30ish but still $44 higher than sep purchases)

This is still broken.. 

We are investigating. It appears a fix that went out this afternoon is either incomplete or reverted. We are working on it.

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 14 2015 8:58 PM

Chris duMond:

Everett Headley:
 I am not sure how many of us in ministry using these tools can afford $3000+, even with payment plans.  It would seem that smaller bundles would be much more palatable. 

ALL Zondervan / Thomas Nelson collections will be dynamically priced and on sale for September. There will be a wide range of options and pricing. 

This is good news!

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 132
LogosEmployee
Chris duMond (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 15 2015 7:50 AM

Our announcement page for this Dynamic Pricing and Sale event is live. You will be able to pre-order the new large bundles we've created exclusively for this sale from this page. Because Dynamic Pricing won't be enabled until September 1, you won't see other collection prices on that page. Also, we only listed 25 Collections on this page. We will eventually include a link on this page to all the Zondervan / Thomas Nelson Collections. 

This page is only intended to help announce the sale, sign up for reminder emails for the sale, and provide a way to add your favorite collections to your wish list. Note: you need to be signed in to your account to see the "add to wish list" buttons. Also, if you're already signed up for the Zondervan or Thomas Nelson email list, you will get an email about the sale. 

https://www.logos.com/zondervan-thomas-nelson-sale

Posts 29040
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 15 2015 9:31 AM

Chris duMond:
https://www.logos.com/zondervan-thomas-nelson-sale

Chris - FYI - You have to add a space after pasting a hyperlink to make it active.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Page 4 of 6 (117 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS