Setting different layout to first Bible reference link?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 85
Timothy Shrimpton | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 13 2015 9:01 AM

Hi everyone!

Let me describe what I'd like to do, and you let me know if it will work. I'd like to have Logos open to the home screen where my reading list is on the left side of the screen. Then, once I click on today's reading open to that reference in a simple layout I've created with the Bible text and study Bible notes below it.

Currently on a fresh start of Logos, clicking on that Bible reference will take me to a complex layout with the Bible text in the middle, Passage Guide on the left, and Explorer on the right. Is there a way to change which layout opens by default at the first click on a Bible reference link, or a way to modify that default layout?

I have a couple work-around ideas, but I thought I'd write to see if what I wanted to do was possible.

Thanks!

Posts 24298
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 13 2015 10:09 AM

Hi Timothy

Sorry - but you can't do what you want from the homepage.

In general, the software controls what types of layouts open when you open something from the homepage and we can't modify what that is.

The issue of opening a "complex layout" when starting a Reading Plan has been around for a long time - but, interestingly, it only happens if you don't have anything open on the "reading window". If you do have something open it just opens the Bible you have requested.

So what you could do is set up the layout as you want and have Logos open to that point. I assume this is with the Bible and study notes linked together.

Then go over to the Homepage and click on the Reading Plan link. That should move the position in your Bible to the correct place and take the study notes there as well.

Would that work for you?

Graham

Posts 85
Timothy Shrimpton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 13 2015 10:15 AM

Yup! That was kind of my backup plan. I might, to avoid the need to jump back to the home screen, just include the reading plan as one of the resources in the default layout so it's right there, ready to go. But I'll play around with it and see what works best for my uses.

I'm trying to use a Surface Pro 3 to replace both laptop and iPad. Trying to get the reading plan to function as close to the iPad version of Logos as possible. I think either of the (ever so slightly different) ideas should work fine.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions! 

Tim

Posts 5197
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 14 2015 12:22 AM

Hi Timothy

I just have a layout (with a shortcut on the bar) that I use for my reading plan. When I finish I just update the layout. The next time I come to it it is ready for use.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS