RE: Re-Install L4 Scholar's Platinum

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 8
William | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 9 2010 8:50 PM

I'm in need of some assistance .....Someone has probably asked this question before so forgive me for my inability to find that thread.

Logos bible software has stopped working is the error message that I'm receiving.  What happened is I got overly excited and thought that a new version came out and I downloaded beta 7.  I don't want beta 7, because I have no skills in the area of testing software so vast  and awesome as this. I would like to have the main version back which I think was A4 SR3 or whatever the current version is. This is somewhat of an embarrassment.  Can someone help me in the re-installation process of L4, or direct me to the site on how to.

I have a Dell Inspiron-1720 Vista Home Premium 32-bit service pack 2

Intel R core  2 duo CPU, T7250 processor @ 2.00 GHz

3 GB of ram, 

320 GB hard drive

Nvidia GeForce  8400 GS

Thank you

William

William J Tjaarda Sr.

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 10:11 PM

Here is the Wiki page you need to read: http://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_multiple_computers

You need to use METHOD 3.

To go back to the regular version you have to delete the Logos 4 folder from AppData, but first copy the "Resources" folder to some safe place (external HDD) to be able to perform scan of that folder for the resources. This way you avoid new download of about 8 GB.

Important note: You are not able to use the quickest METHOD 1 or 2 (see the Wiki page). Scanning(METHOD 3) is the only one and it is also the safest one. How to do that you find on the Wiki page given above.

God bless you and good luck.

Bohuslav

Posts 8
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 10 2010 10:14 AM

Thank you for your help, it's up and running again.Big Smile

William J Tjaarda Sr.

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 10 2010 10:58 AM

Great. I am glad it worked for you. Blessings.

Bohuslav

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS