Community Pricing: The Atonement: In Its Relationship to the Covenant, the Priesthood, the Intercession of Our Lord

Page 2 of 2 (38 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 37 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 18782
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2010 3:30 AM

Alan Macgregor:

Looks like we'll have to settle for $6 unless folks who have bid $4 raise their bids by $1, in which case it will drop to $5. How about it? You have till noon Friday PST.

As for me, I'm in a win situation anyway, as I bid $14 initially, but I'd hate some folks to lose out by just $1!

C'mon, folks only $5. Go for it! Which will it be?

The Atonement: In Its Relationship to the Covenant, the Priesthood, the Intercession of Our Lord  IN LOGOS FORMAT

or

?

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2010 8:25 AM

We are just about at the $5 mark. Just a few more bids.

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2010 8:44 AM

Ok, I'm in. It better have a lot of pictures.

Posts 579
Jim VanSchoonhoven | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2010 9:03 AM

Come on this is a gret deal and it is really  possible to drive it down to just  5 dollars, even if you don't want the resource you need to bid on it for P. Keiith Larson, he has a 18 dollar bid on this item and unless we help him he is going to get a notice from Logos saying his 18  dollar bid it came in for 6 dollars, so he will have to pay 6 dollars for this item,  But with our help he will get a notice saying this item came in for 5 dollars!!! 

Come on just imagine the extra joy we can bring into his life if enough of us place a 5 dollar bid! 

Plus we will get the resource for only 5 dollars and the knowledge that we spread joy not only to P. Keith Larson but to everyone that has a higher bid placed, do we really want them to face that 6 dollar notice!  I say no, vote for 5 dollars now!

This has been a paid ad, paid for by The Atonement: In It's Relationshipto the Covenant, the Priesthood, the Intercession of Our Lord, for by the...Only 5 dollars Action Group, P. Keith Larson President, Jim VanSchoonhoven Vice-president (also sitting on an 18 dollar bid).

In Christ,

Jim

Posts 223
Jeremy White | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2010 9:10 AM

Roughly another 25 -30 new bidders at $6 would put it down to $5 - from the graph it looks like most underbidders have already raised their bid so we need some new entrants if it's going to move any further.

A song I wrote and recorded : He Who Sits Upon The Throne

Posts 579
Jim VanSchoonhoven | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2010 11:17 AM

Those new bidders could just bid at 5 dollars, to get it down to the 5 dollar level, they would only need to bid at six dollars if they wanted to be sure they got the resource.

In Christ,

Jim

Posts 223
Jeremy White | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2010 11:26 AM

JimVanSchoonhoven:
Those new bidders could just bid at 5 dollars, to get it down to the 5 dollar level, they would only need to bid at six dollars if they wanted to be sure they got the resource.

That's correct. If $5 really is as much as they would be prepared to pay then they should only bid that and be aware that they may miss out by $1.

Posts 296
Jonathan West | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2010 12:32 PM

Jeremy White:

Roughly another 25 -30 new bidders at $6 would put it down to $5 - from the graph it looks like most underbidders have already raised their bid so we need some new entrants if it's going to move any further.

The graph suggests that even at $4 the book is 80% paid for (and at $5 it's 99% paid for). Looks like if about 3 or 4 people raise their bid from $4 to $5 it will go for $5!!! In fact if the graph is accurate, the same number of people have bid $4 and $5! So it needs a very small percentage of $2 to $4 bidders to raise to $5 to get it for $5!!!

www.emmanuelecc.org

Posts 223
Jeremy White | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2010 2:01 PM

Jonathan West:
The graph suggests that even at $4 the book is 80% paid for (and at $5 it's 99% paid for). Looks like if about 3 or 4 people raise their bid from $4 to $5 it will go for $5!!! In fact if the graph is accurate, the same number of people have bid $4 and $5! So it needs a very small percentage of $2 to $4 bidders to raise to $5 to get it for $5!!!

Remember though that that of those $4 bids - 92% are from people who have bid higher that that - if my estimate is correct there are about 30 people sitting on a $4 bid - we can either hope they raise their bids to $5 or we can find an additional 30 people who have not previously bid to come in now at the last minute.

You're right about the graph indicating an identical number of bidders for $3 and $4 - effectively what this means is no one is still sitting on a $3 bid - there are still a few people left at $2 though.

$5 or $6 doesn't really matter - based on recent history once this goes into pre-pub stage the price will go up to around $19 - so if you want it at a deep discount now is the time to bid.

Posts 2358
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2010 7:35 PM

Almost $5.00  Keep the bids coming.

Posts 1355
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2010 8:35 AM

The price has dropped to $5

Bidding ends at Noon Pacific time Friday 2/19

http://www.logos.com/communitypricing/details/5313

Posts 579
Jim VanSchoonhoven | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2010 11:16 AM

Thanks to all those that placed these latest bids for driving the price down to only 5 dollars, for all of us.

Now if only there are a bunch of you out there that have not placed bids for this book, but now you are thinking I could maybe get this book for only 4 dollars, if a bunch of you jump in and bid 4 dollars there is a slight chance we could all be paying only 4 dollars for this book at closing time!

Go for it guys! 

By the way a 5 dollar bid right now makes sure you get this book at 5 dollars and it also counts as a 4 dollar bid!!!

You guys have our attention!

In Christ,

Jim

Posts 18782
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2010 11:28 PM

Cool! It has a nice front cover image now, too.

Posts 1355
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 7:59 AM

Bidding ends at Noon Pacific time toiday 2/19

Only $5

http://www.logos.com/communitypricing/details/5313

Posts 1355
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 12:44 PM

Now available on Pre-pub at $14.95

http://www.logos.com/products/prepub/details/5313

Edwin Bowden:

Bidding ends at Noon Pacific time toiday 2/19

Only $5

Posts 1874
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 1:09 PM

Together we managed. Well done everyone who helped everyone who bid $5 or more to get a real bargain. Big Smile

How good is it to see this!

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 4GHz; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.12.2; 1TB FD; Logos 7

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.12.2; 256GB SSD; Logos 7

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 10.2

iPhone 5s 32GB iOS 10.2

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 1:26 PM

Great! So what's next...Muller for 12, anyone :-) Come on...that works out to only $0.0026286966046002 per page..about a 1/4 of a cent per page!..

Posts 18782
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 5:06 PM

Edwin Bowden:

Now available on Pre-pub at $14.95

http://www.logos.com/products/prepub/details/5313

Cool! That's a nice discount for us who did it the community pricing way. 66% off the pre-pub price which is already 37% off SRP. I wonder how they come up with the SRP for a resource that is in the public domain? It's out of print, and used copies of it are going for anywhere from $25 to $530.37 (must be a collectible edition). But it is available for free PDF download at Google Books. So we're paying for Logos to tag it, basically, and provide unlimited future support and upgrades to new file format versions throughout our lifetime of owning the book. I wonder how they set a SRP value on that? $5 seems like apretty good deal for it, regardless!

Page 2 of 2 (38 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS