Logos not launching.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 128
Doug Dunbar | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 21 2015 5:00 PM

Hi everyone. I just upgraded my resource package today (Gold to Platinum), launched Logos and it downloaded the additional resources but then shut down. I thought that a bit odd, so I tried relaunching. The "sign in" screen appears briefly (shorter than usual) and then disappears and the app does not launch. I tried restarting my computer, complete shutdown and restart, and running the installer again. Nothing changed.

It was working fine before the update.

There's no crash report, and it's been a long time since I've had to hunt down the Logs... any ideas?

Running Logos 6.5, OSX 10.10.4 on a MacBook Pro (mid 2013); SSD Drive, 16gig memory...

Posts 26398
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 21 2015 5:04 PM

Doug Dunbar:
There's no crash report, and it's been a long time since I've had to hunt down the Logs

See https://www.logos.com/support/logos6/mac/report-problem

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 128
Posts 128
Doug Dunbar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 21 2015 5:57 PM

Thanks Dave

Posts 29046
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 21 2015 8:26 PM

Doug Dunbar:
Here's the log.

An easy one for me. I am not sure how much it might inconvenience you. 

Your catalog.db file has been corrupted and needs to be rebuilt. With Logos closed, delete the file, then open Logos to allow it to rebuild. I have no idea how long this will take. The file is located at the path below. NOTE: your library is hidden by default in OS X. Google "show library OS X" if you don't know how to navigate there or ask here if that doesn't help.

/Users/dougdunbar/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Data/eua1vkcd.y4y/LibraryCatalog/catalog.db

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 128
Doug Dunbar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 21 2015 10:05 PM

OK tried that. Deleted all the catalog.db files (there was a number of corrupt ones).

Logos still doesn't launch. The catalog.db file is created again, but Logos shuts down immediately after that.

Posts 128
Doug Dunbar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 21 2015 10:40 PM

Tried doing a complete reinstall. Logos started. Logged in. Then when Logos began downloading my resources (13+ gigs), it crashed again. Back to the same thing as described above. Here's the latest log. Good thing I print out hard copy the key resources I use week to week for sermon prep :)

5722.LogosLogs.dougdunbar.20150821-223826.zip

Posts 26398
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 21 2015 11:22 PM

Another file corruption reported earlier was /Users/dougdunbar/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Data/eua1vkcd.y4y/Errors/Application/ErrorReportManager.db and the latest log still has problems with catalog.db

I think you should check the hard drive for errors before attempting to fix these databases.

PS a re-install won't work, but save your resources next time as you can Scan them in and eliminate a download.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 128
Doug Dunbar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 22 2015 11:32 AM

Thanks Dave. I ran Disk Utility and you were right, there were issues with the hard drive. I had a recent back up from last week, so after running a Time Machine restore, Disk Utility reported all good on the drive.  Running Logos now, and downloading the updates and resources. Fingers crossed.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS