Breakout 6: Commentary says "see note on v..."

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 111
Zak Metz | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 22 2015 11:12 AM

When I'm using a commentary, and the commentary says, "see note on v. 1," and I hover over that, it shows me the verse, not the note for that verse. Seems like a bug, although I bet it will be a huge pain to fix. I really don't want to click and lose my place.

I tried to screen capture this, but the hover pop up wasn't captured. I think you all probably know what I'm talking about though.

PS: I love Logos.

Posts 10837
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 22 2015 1:13 PM

This would appear to be a linking problem in the resource. What you want works correctly in the ESV Study Bible {and other resources}. Us the Report Typo feature in the right click menu to report this to FL. Do you need elaboration on reporting typos?

Posts 111
Zak Metz | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 22 2015 2:27 PM

Oh wow, I thought it happened everywhere. I'm seeing it in the FSB. Is this something I can report as a typo inside the book using the right-click menu or do I need to report it somewhere else?

Posts 10837
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 22 2015 3:22 PM

Zak Metz:
Is this something I can report as a typo inside the book using the right-click menu

Best way to accomplish this task, but it may take some time before it is fixed.

Posts 84
Angelia Ulrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 24 2015 7:45 AM

I no longer have the option to report a typo with the right click. What happened to it? Angelia

Posts 12112
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 24 2015 8:06 AM

Angelia Ulrich:

I no longer have the option to report a typo with the right click. What happened to it? Angelia

make sure that you

a) selected "selection" from the various possible tabs of the right-click menu

b) are working online

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 84
Angelia Ulrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 24 2015 8:14 AM

Yes, I've highlighted the selection & am online. there is no option to report a typo like there was in previous versions. Thanks for your help!

Posts 12112
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 24 2015 8:31 AM

can you post a screenshot?

(save as a file and attach to your reply with the paperclip icon)

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 29811
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 24 2015 8:35 AM

Angelia Ulrich:

In the future, please create a new thread... 

In addition to MIck's comments, make sure you restart your computer. You make have internet access now, but you may have temporarily not had access when you started the app or lost it along the way.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 84
Angelia Ulrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 24 2015 9:30 AM

Thanks, Alabama. Your reply to restart the computer made the Report Typo functionality return. It always pays to ask Forum members.Have a blessed day, Angelia in Georgia

Posts 29811
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 24 2015 9:48 AM

Sure thing. Smile

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1829
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 24 2015 10:13 AM

Zak Metz:
Oh wow, I thought it happened everywhere. I'm seeing it in the FSB. Is this something I can report as a typo inside the book using the right-click menu or do I need to report it somewhere else?

This may not be a linking error in the FSB. I've noticed that in the FSB if it says, for example, "see note on verse 1", both the word "note" and the number "1" are linked. The link on the word "note" is linked to the actual note and the "1" is linked to the verse. The screen shots below show this. In the first picture, I am hovering over the number 1 and the second picture shows me hovering over the word "note". Are you hovering over the word or the number?

Posts 111
Zak Metz | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 24 2015 7:59 PM

Oh wow, no I didn't realize it was two links...the color change is so subtle I didn't notice. That's fantastic. I'm even happier now! And as a bonus, hovering on "note" shows the commentary AND the verse. Wow. Thank you!

Posts 1829
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2015 8:07 AM

Zak Metz:
That's fantastic. I'm even happier now!

Smile  Yes

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS