Windows 10 crashed during indexing

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 20
Darren Miner | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 24 2015 1:27 PM

I was editing a Word document while Logos 6 was indexing in the background. Suddenly, I got a black screen, then 20 seconds later the system rebooted. No useful information was logged in Event Viewer. I noticed that, after the system rebooted, Logos indexing resumed. My worry is that the index might be corrupted. What, if anything, should I do? Thanks!

Posts 6710
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 24 2015 1:43 PM

Let it finish and see how the software performs. Sorry, I could not come up with a better solution.

Have you tried the software to see if all is well? You can still perform searches even while indexing is completing.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 2588
LogosEmployee

Darren Miner:

I was editing a Word document while Logos 6 was indexing in the background. Suddenly, I got a black screen, then 20 seconds later the system rebooted. No useful information was logged in Event Viewer. I noticed that, after the system rebooted, Logos indexing resumed. My worry is that the index might be corrupted. What, if anything, should I do? Thanks!

Logos is set up to automatically restart indexing if it's interrupted in the middle, so everything should be fine. As Lynden said, let it finish indexing, and then verify that things are working by seeing if you get results back from searches. I expect things will work just fine.

Posts 20
Darren Miner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 24 2015 2:45 PM

Indexing completed. I did some searches, and they were successful. So I think all is well. Thank you, Lynden and Andrew, for responding to my query.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS