Roku Users: Faithlife TV updated to show Logos Mobile Ed and more...

Page 1 of 4 (61 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 60 Replies | 9 Followers

Posts 1670
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 24 2015 8:59 PM

Do you have a Roku device?

If so, take a look at the Faithlife TV channel in the Roku channel store. (If you have previously installed it, you can wait 24 hours or go to System > System update > Check now.)

This one channel now offers the existing Faithlife TV stream (presently a long content loop, but soon to be more!) as well as Bible Screen, and on-demand access to Faithlife Today episodes.

You can now link your Faithlife TV channel to your Faithlife account; once you do, videos you own for Logos Bible Software will be available on your Roku. You can watch Logos Mobile Ed courses in your living room!

This is brand new. We will be updating the content catalog frequently over the next few weeks. More free content will be added, and more of the video you own as part of Logos 6 base collections and other products will be available via the TV to users who link their account.

We are hard at work on an even nicer user interface, which we expect will be available in a month or two. Among our plans are synchronizing your 'reading position' between Logos Desktop and the Roku, so you can watch a course on your laptop or TV and always stay at the right position to continue.

Let us know what you think!

- Is it easy to link your account? Did you use/prefer the onscreen login or using the code and a web page?

- What content would you like to see?

NOTE: Apple does not yet allow third-parties like Faithlife to build channels for Apple TV. But we're hoping they will, and if so we plan to make the same functionality available there. We're also exploring a tablet and web version that can be played on TVs via HDMI, Chromecast, or Miracast. But, for what it's worth, I've spent a lot of time with the Roku 3 and can recommend it as a great device. I find myself choosing it over the Apple TV for my personal use.

Don't forget to check out the Bible Screen channel, too! It's all Scripture, with lots of animations of our 'Verse of the Day' art. It's the best use of a TV screen! It's what I put on my living room TV all the time.

Posts 2735
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 24 2015 9:34 PM

This is great, Bob. Smile

Although I currently do not own any Mobile Ed courses, if I did, I would definitely like to view them on the TV while working with Logos on the laptop.

Posts 8642
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2015 4:05 AM

Thanks Bob. I don't have a Roku device but now this makes me wish that I did. I will have to check it out.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 389
James C. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2015 4:46 AM

I just updated and the new channel looks great. I love having my mobile ed videos right there. I would also love it if you could sync all the videos I have in logos not just the mobile ed. Really happy to see this, thanks again. 

Posts 1772
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2015 5:02 AM

Thanks for making this available.  I really like it.

love being able to watch the videos in my living room.  

the only issue I see right now is this- in my logos library I see 52 mobile Ed courses, and on the RoKunitz says 50. 

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2015 5:28 AM

I don't have a Roku device.  I might consider one.  Is this a capability that could be on an xBox?

Posts 1864
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2015 5:43 AM

Amazon Fire TV streaming box would be great.

-Donnie

Posts 8596
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2015 6:07 AM

This is a great idea and moves into the direction of usefulness for my family.  A couple of thoughts:

Bob Pritchett:
- Is it easy to link your account? Did you use/prefer the onscreen login or using the code and a web page?

Linking the account was very easy, I used the web page & code login, because typing on the roku keyboard is a nightmare and my passwords are traditionally complex, making typing in the login information on the Roku a no go.

Bob Pritchett:
- What content would you like to see?

I don't have any Mobile Ed courses at the moment so I can't check that out for you.  

However, I note that under faithlife today where the video icons are, there is no description.  I think some basic description is a good idea, especially because I'll remember topics I've watched, but not "that one where Runge wore a sling". 

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2015 6:19 AM

Bob Pritchett:
NOTE: Apple does not yet allow third-parties like Faithlife to build channels for Apple TV. But we're hoping they will, and if so we plan to make the same functionality available there.

All of this is great, I am an Apple TV user so I look forward to this happening one day. I have heard rumors that a new Apple TV and expanded third party channel access is coming in September, so I guess we will see!

Posts 1392
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2015 7:04 AM

Bob Pritchett:
Let us know what you think!

I am tempted go home early from the office to try this :-). Thanks for this new capability, this will be excellent!

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 352
Cynthia Tucker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2015 10:08 AM

This is really great! I will try this when I get home.

Author of the Chronological Word Truth Life Bible Series

WordTruthLifeBible.com

Posts 917
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2015 3:42 PM

TCBlack:
I think some basic description is a good idea

This. There needs to be a date, episode number, and brief description of each video's content. Looking forward to seeing this developed more. 

Posts 2708
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2015 7:37 PM

Even though I don't have a Roku, I have to say that this is a great venture on the part of FL.

Posts 150
LogosEmployee
Todd White (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 26 2015 10:00 AM

Kenneth Neighoff:
I see 52 mobile Ed courses, and on the RoKunitz says 50.

We updated the Mobile Ed content that the Roku knows about yesterday. Is this still an for you?

Posts 1772
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 31 2015 4:38 AM

I am really enjoying watching the mobile Ed videos on Roku.

thanks for making this option available.

Posts 391
Geo Philips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 31 2015 7:35 AM

Thanks for the Roku, but please do consider doing Chromecast next.

Posts 506
Tim Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 31 2015 7:55 AM

Yay, this is awesome!! Thanks so much Bob and Faithlife, you guys are great! :) I will definitely be using this! Very excited!

Posts 897
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 31 2015 2:21 PM

Bob Pritchett:
Do you have a Roku device?

I have a Roku stick plugged into the TV in my home office, so I guess that counts Smile

Bob Pritchett:
You can now link your Faithlife TV channel to your Faithlife account; once you do, videos you own for Logos Bible Software will be available on your Roku. You can watch Logos Mobile Ed courses in your living room!

I think this is great! I only have one Mobile Ed course (The Wisdom of John) and it is really good to be able to watch Ben Witherington on the big screen

Bob Pritchett:

It was very easy. I used the onscreen login which was fairly easy (but slow) on the TV remote - I would imagine it would be rather more difficult on a small hand held mobile device.

The only thing I don't like is the total lack of descriptions for the Faithlife Today episodes, this is something which I think you need to address.

Posts 352
Cynthia Tucker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 12:52 PM

David Carter:
The only thing I don't like is the total lack of descriptions for the Faithlife Today episodes, this is something which I think you need to address.

Totally agree with this.

Author of the Chronological Word Truth Life Bible Series

WordTruthLifeBible.com

Posts 1670
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 7 2015 3:03 PM

Logos Pro videos are online now.

Page 1 of 4 (61 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS