Roku Users: Faithlife TV updated to show Logos Mobile Ed and more...

Page 3 of 4 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 60 Replies | 9 Followers

Posts 2770
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2016 6:51 PM

Dave Dunkin (Faithlife):

We were finally able to determine the Roku 1 doesn't have enough memory to handle the full list of videos we now have in the catalog. We'll change how the list is loaded, but it will likely be several weeks before the update is published by Roku.

Thanks Dave; This is really good news.

Posts 506
Tim Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 11 2016 3:02 PM

ok so I finally got tired of waiting for faithlife to fix the Roku 1 channel/app so I spent the money and bought a Roku steaming stick. I’m disappointed and sad to say that the logos mobile ed videos STILL don’t work. The app doesn’t crash but when I try to launch a mobile ed video it simply spins and spins a loading indicator and gets stuck at a certain percent (sometimes 19%, sometimes 33%, it just depends) but never actually loads. This is frustrating after I spent the money to upgrade and it still doesn’t work. :-(

Posts 1071
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 11 2016 3:11 PM

Which Roku devices does Faithlife reliably work with?? I was about to buy a streaming stick but thanks to Tim I am thinking very carefully.
I am UK based if that is relevant.

Posts 2770
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 11 2016 6:22 PM

I read somewhere that the Roku 2 works fine. The only problem with the Roku 2 for me, is that it does not have composite outputs (as the Roku 1 does). We had a 2, but returned it because we could not hook it up to our current big screen tv. Buying a new tv with hdmi is not an option at this time.

Posts 1799
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 12 2016 5:18 AM

Erwin Stull, Sr.:
I read somewhere that the Roku 2 works fine.

I have a Roku 2 and whenever I try to watch a Mobile Ed course, it does not work. When I click the course, it just returns to the menu. They used to work but have not for quite some time now.

Posts 506
Tim Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 12 2016 6:04 AM

Rick:

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

I have a Roku 2 and whenever I try to watch a Mobile Ed course, it does not work. When I click the course, it just returns to the menu. They used to work but have not for quite some time now.

Sad

Posts 1502
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 12 2016 9:35 AM

Rick:

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

As an aid to Faithlife, here are a few questions.

• Which Mobile Ed course(s) is this happening with?
  • How many Mobile Ed courses do you have?
  • If more than one course, does it happen with them all?
  • If any of them "do" work, which one(s)?
Posts 2770
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 12 2016 2:10 PM

Rick:

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

Things must have changed. I'm sure that it worked previously, which is the reason I went with the Roku 2 in the 1st place. The reason that I couldn't use it, and had to settle for the Roku 1, was that it didn't have a composite interface. Oh, well, I have since placed this issue on the back burner (way, way, back) until we can hear some news from Dave or whoever else is working on this.

Posts 1471
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 12 2016 2:11 PM

I have Roku 2 and it works fine with no issues 

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 1799
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 12 2016 3:32 PM

Rick Ausdahl:
As an aid to Faithlife, here are a few questions.

I may have it figured out. The Mobile-Ed videos that are showing up  on my Roku are the freebies from Logos Now which may have expired but still show up on the Roku for some reason. That is the only reason I can come up with.

Posts 978
LogosEmployee
Dave Dunkin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 13 2016 12:13 PM

We published an update last week that fixes a few bugs. One of the problems we have run into now that users are getting larger video libraries (both paid and free) is memory limitations on older devices like Roku 1. We have identified a couple specific problems and are optimizing the app to address these. I expect we will have another update available in the next week or two, depending on how long it takes Roku to approve the update.

Posts 99
LogosEmployee
Patrick Nausha (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2016 2:26 PM

Rick:

This is now fixed in the latest version of the channel. Sorry for the inconvenience. Here are instructions on how to get the update. The problems Dave mentioned are related and should also be fixed soon as well.

Software Developer
Faithlife

Posts 506
Tim Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2016 3:34 PM

I checked and I’m still seeing that the videos aren’t loading. They keep getting stuck at 13% and then jumps to 33% and then stays there indefinitely. I’ve tried leaving it on the loading screen for very long periods of time but it never gets past 33% loading on a video. :-(

Posts 99
LogosEmployee
Patrick Nausha (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2016 3:36 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Which device are you on? Are you on a Roku 2 like Rick?

Software Developer
Faithlife

Posts 506
Tim Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2016 3:37 PM

Patrick Nausha:

Thanks for the feedback. Which device are you on? Are you on a Roku 2 like Rick?

You’re welcome. I’m on a brand new Roku streaming stick.

Posts 99
LogosEmployee
Patrick Nausha (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2016 3:48 PM

I'll investigate. Just to double-check, have you updated your Roku software in the past day (the instructions I posted above)?

Software Developer
Faithlife

Posts 506
Tim Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2016 3:51 PM

Patrick Nausha:

I'll investigate. Just to double-check, have you updated your Roku software in the past day (the instructions I posted above)?

Yes, I updated following your instructions. When that didn’t work I even tried uninstalling and re-installing the channel. That didn’t work either. Thanks so much, I’d really appreciate it if you could get to the bottom of this issue. I’ve been patiently waiting for a fix for a long time. I’m now considering canceling my mobile ed subscription until this is fixed as this is the main avenue I plan on using for my mobile ed courses. Thanks again I am hopeful you can help.

Posts 2770
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2016 4:00 PM

It is good to see this working on the Roku 1 (latest generation). There are some minor issues with the aspect ratio 4:3 (we have an older big screen TV), however, I can work around those. This is a big step forward from not working at all on the Roku 1 to being able to view the course segments in entirety. Thanks Smile

Posts 99
LogosEmployee
Patrick Nausha (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2016 4:35 PM

few questions to help me fix this

1. Which course is the problematic one? Does any course play for you? If so, which ones?
  2. Can you get non-Mobile Ed content to play e.g. Faithlife Today videos? If so, which content plays for you?
  3. Are you attempting to watch at home? (I'm wondering if maybe you're on a network that is preventing the content from loading, e.g. a church/office network)
  4. Do you still have your Roku 1? Does the latest channel update allow you to watch the course on Roku 1?

Thank you for your patience.

Software Developer
Faithlife

Posts 99
LogosEmployee
Patrick Nausha (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 28 2016 11:28 AM

Tim Taylor:

Yes, I updated following your instructions. When that didn’t work I even tried uninstalling and re-installing the channel. That didn’t work either. Thanks so much, I’d really appreciate it if you could get to the bottom of this issue. I’ve been patiently waiting for a fix for a long time. I’m now considering canceling my mobile ed subscription until this is fixed as this is the main avenue I plan on using for my mobile ed courses. Thanks again I am hopeful you can help.

@Tim, we just purchased a Roku Stick so we could test out your issue. Unfortunately I was not able to reproduce the issue you are having—all the courses I've tried play fine for me. Do you know which Roku stick you have? Is it 3600R (the latest one)? You'll know because the 3600R is black, not purple like previous models.

Software Developer
Faithlife

Page 3 of 4 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS