BUG - Read Aloud, Win 10 and localization

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2817
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 27 2015 10:50 AM

Read aloud has become useless on localized Windows 10. It will always pick the language of the operating system (in my case, German), so it will read all the resources as if they were written in German... Very funny, but unusable... Sad

I tried changing the default voice, changing the Logos language, restarting Logos etc. I just don't get Logos to use the EN-US or EN-UK voice...

So I assume, this is a bug...

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Seminary Student (VIU).
Christian Debate Forum --- Auferstanden! Blog

Posts 27055
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 27 2015 3:50 PM

What is the Speech language in Settings for Time and Language. Can you change that?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 2817
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 27 2015 7:01 PM

Yes, I've tried setting that to various voices (EN-UK, EN-US, EN-IN). The speech packs are installed properly as well.

(I could try uninstalling the GErman speech pack, but that seems to be quite a lousy workaround...)

Posts 27055
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 28 2015 8:17 PM

I suspect this comes about because of Cortana, which is US (useless!) for me unless I switch to en-US. Hopefully the developers at Faithlife can find a workaround for you.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 2745
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 29 2015 1:00 AM

I can use US voice (and also change it for Polish voice) on my localized Czech Windows 10. One difference however is that we have no Czech TTS voice in Windows, so my default voice is US English.  

Bohuslav

Posts 2817
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 29 2015 9:20 AM

I just noticed, Cortana is disabled by default because I'm in Cambodia... Maybe that's the root cause.

Anyway, not a big issue, and probably wil cause me to be less "comfortable" when reading.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS