salvage logos 4 and make run under win10

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 10
Gabriel Smit | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 31 2015 12:08 AM

hi

after system crashes etc i managed to find most of my logos4 files and subfolders.

most are here:

F:\Windows.old\Users\gabriel\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data
F:\Windows.old\Users\gabriel\AppData\Local\Logos4\Documents
F:\Windows.old\Users\gabriel\AppData\Local\Logos4\en-US
F:\Windows.old\Users\gabriel\AppData\Local\Logos4\es-ES
F:\Windows.old\Users\gabriel\AppData\Local\Logos4\es-MX
F:\Windows.old\Users\gabriel\AppData\Local\Logos4\Install
F:\Windows.old\Users\gabriel\AppData\Local\Logos4\Shared
F:\Windows.old\Users\gabriel\AppData\Local\Logos4\System
F:\Windows.old\Users\gabriel\AppData\Local\Logos4\Users
F:\Windows.old\Users\gabriel\AppData\Local\Logos4\Logos4.exe

i ran the last exe file, managed to get into the libronix/logos site and it downloaded about 600mb after which i could somehow get into some resources.

after closing the program i could not find the location to run it anymore - except if it is the last mentioned logos4.exe, which i have not tried again - no shartcuts etc were installed; this is a new way of running a program i suppose....

neither do i know where the 600mb download went to.

most of my program files are on e:, not on c:, and that is where i want logos4.

so i need to 'resuscitate'  logos4 and make it to run from e: - any suggestions?

kind regards

in Christ

gabriel smit

the lbx files i can see include the following list, sorry for the space it takes...

/* Removed unnecessary list of files */

Rom 8:1 "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."

Posts 21973
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 31 2015 12:55 AM

Gabriel Smit:

F:\Windows.old\Users\gabriel\AppData\Local\Logos4\Logos4.exe

i ran the last exe file, managed to get into the libronix/logos site and it downloaded about 600mb after which i could somehow get into some resources.

This ran the Logos program, allowed you to connect to the Faithlife system and triggered a download of missing resources. This is expected behaviour if the software detects that some resources are missing

Gabriel Smit:
after closing the program i could not find the location to run it anymore - except if it is the last mentioned logos4.exe, which i have not tried again - no shartcuts etc were installed; this is a new way of running a program i suppose.

Simply running the program (which is what you did) doesn't create a shortcut. This is done during the installation process. You could create a shortcut to that .exe file yourself which should enable you to run the program

Gabriel Smit:
neither do i know where the 600mb download went to.

I expect you would find them in 

F:\Windows.old\Users\gabriel\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\randomId\ResourceManager\Resources

Gabriel Smit:
most of my program files are on e:, not on c:, and that is where i want logos4.

Please confirm this - all the folder locations you show are on F: not E:

Gabriel Smit:
so i need to 'resuscitate'  logos4 and make it to run from e: - any suggestions?

As above, simply creating a shortcut to the Logos.exe file should allow you to run the software.

If you actually do want to move things to E please see https://wiki.logos.com/Install_in_different_folder_or_drive 

Gabriel Smit:
the lbx files i can see include the following list, sorry for the space it takes...

Please don't include long lists like that unless specifically requested. It normally doesn't help much.

Hopefully the information above will help you get things working but, assuming your computer is compatible, I would recommend upgrading to Logos 6 via the free engine available at https://www.logos.com/product/46767/logos-6-core-engine 

Graham

Posts 10
Gabriel Smit | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 31 2015 2:57 AM

hi graham,

thank you for the thorough reply.

i have to assume that faithlife 'rebuilt' my logos4 and downloaded the missing data.

i am busy cleaning out f: prior to reformatting it. as c: is relative small i put most of my stuff on e:. as you will see some of logos4 is now on c: but eventually the bulk of logos4 must reside on e:.

i see the faithlife download installed [yesterday] under C:\Users\Gabriel Smit\AppData\Local\Logos4 and the resources are now in C:\Users\Gabriel Smit\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\ll2oiphd.5hr\ResourceManager\Resources.

the folders it created are
C:\Users\Gabriel Smit\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data
C:\Users\Gabriel Smit\AppData\Local\Logos4\Documents
C:\Users\Gabriel Smit\AppData\Local\Logos4\Shared
C:\Users\Gabriel Smit\AppData\Local\Logos4\Users

although the logos4.exe still resorts under F:\Windows.old\Users\gabriel\AppData\Local\Logos4\
placing a shortcut to logos4.exe on the desktop and dlicking it opens the program in c:.

now i have two questions.

1. how do i get the logos4.exe to effectively go and be situated with the logos4 program data on c: [as shown above] as i want to format f: and i don't want to divorce the .exe from its data - ok, you gave me the link, but i have to get everything together on one hd i presume prior to start moving things over to e:.
  2. as far as i can see [date modified or created] only file F:\Windows.old\Users\gabriel\AppData\Local\Logos4\Users\UserManager.db was modified after the faithlife download and i believe just moving it [on its own or with logos4.exe] over to c: will result in breaking something

i am going to have a look at this http://www.rekenwonder.com/linkmagic.htm program in order to address this and maybe other link situations later.

thanking you or anybody in anticipation

in Christ

gabriel

Rom 8:1 "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."

Posts 21973
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 31 2015 3:09 AM

Hi Gabriel

Gabriel Smit:
placing a shortcut to logos4.exe on the desktop and dlicking it opens the program in c:.

What do you mean by this statement?

1. Do you mean that the image on "F:" accesses resources on "C:"
  2. or do you mean that there is no also a Logos image on "C:"

Gabriel Smit:
how do i get the logos4.exe to effectively go and be situated with the logos4 program data on c: [as shown above] as i want to format f: and i don't want to divorce the .exe from its data - ok, you gave me the link, but i have to get everything together on one hd i presume prior to start moving things over to e:

I would try simply copying the Logos.exe file from "F:" to "C:\Users\Gabriel Smit\AppData\Local\Logos4" and see if it runs successfully

Gabriel Smit:
as far as i can see [date modified or created] only file F:\Windows.old\Users\gabriel\AppData\Local\Logos4\Users\UserManager.db was modified after the faithlife download and i believe just moving it [on its own or with logos4.exe] over to c: will result in breaking something

I don't know enough about Logos context variables or registry settings to know what relationships (if any) will exist here to potentially cause a problem.

I think, in your position, I would take a copy of your resources folder, totally delete Logos and then install using Method 3 at https://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_multiple_computers 

But there are people much better qualified than me to comment on this so I would wait and see what suggestions they come up with.

Again I would recommend, as part of this process, you look at upgrading to the free Logos 6 core engine

Graham

Posts 10
Gabriel Smit | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 31 2015 3:52 AM

tx graham

i think the way to go is to follow advice on https://wiki.logos.com/Install_in_different_folder_or_drive and to apply the logos 6 core as suggested, i.e. uninstall and re-install to e:

thank you for bearing with me. just by typing out the problem in full already assists in understanding the solution better, if not always totally.

the other day a brother in Christ challenged a large number of his 'Christian' friends to put in writing on one a1 size paper their understanding of salvation in Christ , i.e. the gospel.

very few succeeded, even my endeavor lacked  the crucial element of the blood of Christ [1pet 1:18-19, ijoh 1:7...].

one of the reasons i respect baptist churches is that much importance is placed on the congregations following bible readings in their own bibles, i regularly listen to sermons where i can actually hear the pages being turned! makes me think of acts 17:11 :-)

in Christ

gabriel

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS