Zondervan sale isn't much of a sale

Page 2 of 5 (82 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 81 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 391
Geo Philips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 9:43 AM

I dont think NIVAC is on sale as individual volumes

John Fidel:

Rick:

. The only sale lately that I thought was a good deal for the customer was the NIVAC and it wasn't even advertised, as if it was a secret, until someone who stumbled across the sale prices posted it in the forums. Tongue Tied

Just curious why NIVAC at 9.99 per volume is a good deal, but WBC at the same price isn't? WBC is more highly rated by many of the commentary review websites including www.bestcommentaries.com

It is a good opportunity to add volumes that may not be in one's current collection or to add those that are highly rated. I added Job, but did not add the revised or second edition volumes. At 9.99 I still may, but probably not.

Posts 1647
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 9:49 AM

John Fidel:
Just curious why NIVAC at 9.99 per volume is a good deal, but WBC at the same price isn't? WBC is more highly rated by many of the commentary review websites including www.bestcommentaries.com

My comments were in reference to the overall sale. 

The overall sale is very weak in savings. Simply put, it is very disappointing. This sale had a couple weeks of hype and, once again, a let down.

Also, the sale page only mentions that you can save $35 on the entire set (not much of a sale considering the price). It conceals the fact that if you buy the volumes individually, you will probably come out ahead (I haven't bothered looking at each individual volume and doing the math). I don't know why Faithlife would not tell its customers this or at least discount the set to a more equal price as the individual volumes would be.

The unadvertised NIVAC sale was a stand alone sale and had very good overall savings.

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Posts 1647
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 9:50 AM

Geo Philips:
I dont think NIVAC is on sale as individual volumes

They have been individually on sale in the recent past and that is what I was referencing. I'm pretty sure that John was asking me why I thought that deal was good but not the WBC. Smile

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Posts 272
LogosEmployee
Glenn Airoldi (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 10:23 AM

Danny Parker:
Unfortunately the new Joshua volumes are not available separately. Those were the three Word volumes that I wanted - one out three is not bad for Zondervan.

We've just finished making the Second Edition Joshua and 2 Corinthians volumes available for purchase individually at the sale prices.  

Posts 933
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 10:40 AM

Glenn (or anyone else, for that matter), can you comment on whether the 10% back in Logos credit is for individual volumes of WBC or whether it is only for those who buy the entire 62 volume set? 10% credit on the 62 volume set is almost completely nullified for me due to the simple fact that it costs more to buy the whole set than to individually buy the volumes I still need.

Posts 107
Brandon Rappuhn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 10:46 AM

Matthew:

Glenn (or anyone else, for that matter), can you comment on whether the 10% back in Logos credit is for individual volumes of WBC or whether it is only for those who buy the entire 62 volume set? 10% credit on the 62 volume set is almost completely nullified for me due to the simple fact that it costs more to buy the whole set than to individually buy the volumes I still need.

The credit is for exactly the purpose you mentioned--for customers who buy the 62 volume set, which, as you noted, was more than the individual titles combined. That way, customers who go all the way with the 62 volume set still get a great deal.

Glenn Airoldi:

Danny Parker:
Unfortunately the new Joshua volumes are not available separately. Those were the three Word volumes that I wanted - one out three is not bad for Zondervan.

We've just finished making the Second Edition Joshua and 2 Corinthians volumes available for purchase individually at the sale prices.  

As Glenn has mentioned, here are the volumes on Joshua and 2nd Corinthians:

https://www.logos.com/product/54546/word-biblical-commentary-volume-40-2-corinthians

https://www.logos.com/product/54541/word-biblical-commentary-volume-7a-joshua-1-12

https://www.logos.com/product/54545/word-biblical-commentary-volume-7b-joshua-13-24

Posts 5
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 10:51 AM

I just purchased 8 vols of WBC for $6 less than the price I was given for dynamic pricing.

Posts 10559
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 11:01 AM

Ron:

I just purchased 8 vols of WBC for $6 less than the price I was given for dynamic pricing.

Interesting. Ignoring the updated volumes—which are by the same authors—I purchased the one volume I was missing. My so-called Dynamic Price then went from $42 to $126.

FL needs to get its act together. Now that the practical joke is over, show us the sale that rated all this hype. I love Logos the product—Have even been called a fanboy more than once—but FL marketing is heavy on over promise; under deliver. Can't say that I am disappointed because I have been conditioned to expect nothing better from Logos sales.

Posts 2820
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 11:08 AM

Ted Weis:

Doc B:
Zondervan is one of the worst, or at least, has historically been one of the worst.

And yet, for teachers who receive Z's academic catalog, you know that Z probably has one the most generous "exam copy" policies, that is, free.

You might want to look closer, then, at what your students are paying. Those free copies aren't free.

In my experience, academic publishers with liberal exam copy policies charge much more for equivalent texts.

And if you don't think textbook prices are a problem, absorb this-

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 1074
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 11:31 AM

I put the abc 62 vols into the cart an hour ago ... About $39 for four volumes ... It is now in my cart for $62 ... What is happening?

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 406
Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 11:40 AM

Martin Folley:

I put the abc 62 vols into the cart an hour ago ... About $39 for four volumes ... It is now in my cart for $62 ... What is happening?

For me the price was $30.21 and has gone up to $117.09.  That is for three vols.; it definitely doesn't make sense if yours is $62 for four vols.  It's definitely broken

Posts 114
Gerald | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 11:41 AM

Did I read some where that the WBC was going to double in price after the sale?

I currently have a payment plan that I want to quickly pay off. Several times over the past few months I have received emails from different FL sales people offering to extend my plan with resources in my wish list. Their pitch is that my monthly outlay will change little, but I can extend to 21 months. The WBC would fall in this type of situation if I wanted.

In your opinion, is this series worth the "jump" for a Sunday School Teacher? I currently have the Platinum Standard.

Posts 506
Tim Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 11:44 AM

Gerald:

I spoke with a Logos sales representative on the phone a couple of weeks ago and he told me that this is true. He said that at the end of Sept., the WBC will double on the regular sale price.

Posts 406
Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 12:07 PM

Tim Taylor:

Gerald:

I spoke with a Logos sales representative on the phone a couple of weeks ago and he told me that this is true. He said that at the end of Sept., the WBC will double on the regular sale price.

Doubling the price smells like opportunism by Zondervan; I really should have learned my lesson about Zondervan after Pradis.

Posts 245
BriM | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 12:11 PM

Don't know what you're all complaining about. I saved a packet. Wink

When I heard about the sale, I expected to be buying a number of the big ticket Zondervan items from my wish list.

Now, I've seen the prices, I just can't make them work.

If nothing tempts you to buy, that's 100% cash saved. Smile

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 12:22 PM

Erik:
It's definitely broken

No, it is the new way Faithlife runs a "sale" - keep raising prices.No

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1426
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 12:32 PM

Martin Folley:

Seems like there was an issue with dynamic pricing, it showed that you owned more books than you really owned. 

see: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/114885/760010.aspx#760010 Now with corrected dynamic pricing your cost is more. I got lucky to purchase in the morning

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 1074
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 12:45 PM

Possibly ... But both sections showed four new resources each ... And in the time since my last post the price for those four volumes has gone up again, this time to $126 dollars ...

Earlier comparisons on to the NIVAC sale suggest a per volume hike from about $10 to $32 in the space of a couple of hours.

It was offered at a proper sale price,I accepted that offer, but the offer was amended by FL whilst it was in my basket (actually looking to see if there were any other items that were genuinely in a sale) ...

it it gets harder each year to recommend logos to anybody ... Too expensive unless you were in at the start ... Before l4.

Posts 1426
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 1:07 PM

Each individual volume cost $9.99 now. You cant beat that

https://www.logos.com/products/search?q=word+biblical+commentary&Resource+Type=Commentaries&Product+Type=WBC+Sale+2015 

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 1074
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 1:13 PM

Yes

Thank you ... 

Page 2 of 5 (82 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS