Zondervan sale isn't much of a sale

Page 4 of 5 (82 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 81 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 8:56 PM

Cynthia Tucker:

abondservant:
Wow - CE looked more appealing to me than much of what was in the Z collections. The stuff I wanted I picked up through Libronix boxed sets already any way. BUT I bet that saves you a ton of money and probably lowers your monthly payment! :)

Lol, not really. I spent about the equivalent of what the CE cost for me. In about 6 months I'll be ready to add it again, but I just couldn't pass up this sale. I actually didn't have a lot of Zondervan, and there were several books I really wanted that I will use right now. I'm pleased as punch! :-)

Thats the important part :) Enjoy!

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 570
Schumitinu | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 10:19 PM

DAL:

Get Jon Courson's essential library for $25 rather than the collection (same content minus devotional) for $85...that must be a nice glitch for some of us :) Thank you!

DAL

There might be another deal with the https://www.logos.com/product/38869/jon-coursons-application-commentary-new-testament. Especially if you are looking at getting for example the New Treasury of Bible Knowledge, if you get dynamic pricing on this set you might be able to get it cheap.

Posts 260
Pastor Dan Cleghorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 2 2015 8:58 AM

I own the Jon Courson's Essential Library and the dynamic price is still 33.94. Only 5% off.

Update: Now it is down to 14.48. Must have been a glitch in the system.

Posts 1699
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 2 2015 9:10 AM

What a letdown.  Sigh.No

Posts 260
Pastor Dan Cleghorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 2 2015 9:11 AM

Will the John MacArthur Collected Works https://www.logos.com/product/43981/john-macarthur-collected-works-and-resources

have dynamic pricing?

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 2 2015 9:33 AM

The other MacArthur package does, I don't know why this one wouldn't presuming its put out by Z or Thomas Nelson.

I clicked it, but, already own it. So I can't verify whether it does or not.

However if you look at the price, then log out, and refresh the page you should be able to see whether or not it has dynamic pricing (supposing you own at least one of the titles in that package).

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 352
Cynthia Tucker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 2 2015 10:38 AM

I bought The Collected Works MacArthur Package and it didn't show dynamic pricing for me, maybe because I happened not to have any of those books. But it was a lot cheaper than buying the same books in the Treasury package. Not sure why.

The Collected Works has 47 volumes and the Treasury has 50, yet the Treasury would have cost me an extra $150. After I purchased the Collected Works, I went back to look at the Treasury and now it says I own everything in Treasury. I'm very confused by this, but just happy I paid the lower price.

Author of the Chronological Word Truth Life Bible Series

WordTruthLifeBible.com

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 2 2015 12:44 PM

Pete De Bonte:
DAL:
Get Jon Courson's essential library for $25
I see only the 5% discount (price $33.20) for that one, so I guess the $25 is your dynamic discount on it.

I have it listed for 25.35 and I own no Courson products.  Now, I think the three volume commentary set is listed as more expensive at $85.  Interesting.

PS Can someone paste a snippet from his commentary?  I'm guessing the explanation side would be brief, but I am curious how his "application" part looks.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 16
Nathan M Majewski | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 2 2015 1:15 PM

Schumitinu:

DAL:

Get Jon Courson's essential library for $25 rather than the collection (same content minus devotional) for $85...that must be a nice glitch for some of us :) Thank you!

DAL

There might be another deal with the https://www.logos.com/product/38869/jon-coursons-application-commentary-new-testament. Especially if you are looking at getting for example the New Treasury of Bible Knowledge, if you get dynamic pricing on this set you might be able to get it cheap.

Your right about another deal.  I saw the one library for $25.35 and the other collection for $85, as already described.  But the NT volume alone (link above) was $7.73, however, and once purchased, the library was only $14.48. 

Total: 22.21

Posts 150
LogosEmployee
Kaleb Cuevas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 2 2015 1:31 PM

dcleghorn:

Will the John MacArthur Collected Works https://www.logos.com/product/43981/john-macarthur-collected-works-and-resources

have dynamic pricing?

Unforutnately not because it has multiple contributing publishers. The dynamic pricing sale is subject to Zondervan and Thomas Nelson products only. The John MacArthur Treasury is on sale and dynamically priced.

Posts 352
Cynthia Tucker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 2 2015 1:47 PM

Kaleb Cuevas:
Unforutnately not because it has multiple contributing publishers. The dynamic pricing sale is subject to Zondervan and Thomas Nelson products only. The John MacArthur Treasury is on sale and dynamically priced.

Ah, that explains my confusion over the two sets. The Treasury may be dynamically priced, but the Collected Works was a lot cheaper for me, and gave me the same missing books that I would have picked up in the Treasury.

WordTruthLifeBible.com

Posts 174
Derek Browning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 2 2015 2:00 PM

Does anyone know how to get the individual perspectives volumes at good prices?

Posts 176
Rob | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2015 1:28 AM

I've purchased many of them over the years on Kindle for ~$2 each - I'd love to have them in Logos but not at that price!

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2015 1:53 AM

Mark Barnes:

I agree that 5% isn't worth shouting about. For many people, however, it's the dynamic pricing that is the most attractive part of this 'sale'.

Well, as is often the case, Mark has already said it!

There is no way I'm getting any of those multi-thousand dollar packages, but I filled a few tiny gaps with the dynamic pricing. The 5% is a disappointment after what we see at other times.

Posts 88
David Housholder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2015 8:09 AM

In the current sale offer I am offered a bundle of 5 WBC books I don't yet have. The dynamic pricing puts that at $53.63. And with my purchase I get a $10 credit for other purchases.

OR I can purchase each of those 5 volumes for $9.99, a total of $45.95, a saving of $7.68.

So that makes the credit for future purchases actuall result in a figure of $2.32.

Odd?

Posts 16
Nathan M Majewski | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2015 9:26 AM

David Housholder:

In the current sale offer I am offered a bundle of 5 WBC books I don't yet have. The dynamic pricing puts that at $53.63. And with my purchase I get a $10 credit for other purchases.

OR I can purchase each of those 5 volumes for $9.99, a total of $45.95, a saving of $7.68.

So that makes the credit for future purchases actuall result in a figure of $2.32.

I believe the credit is 10%, not $10, so it would only be $5.36.
Also the cost of buying the individual volumes at 9.99 each would be $49.95, not $45.95.  So if you purchased the set, the total credit toward future purchases would actually only be $1.68.

Posts 174
Derek Browning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2015 9:31 AM

OK.... so who else has spent more time this week studying the sale than they have their bible... :-/

Posts 352
Cynthia Tucker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2015 10:34 AM

Derek Browning:

OK.... so who else has spent more time this week studying the sale than they have their bible... :-/

LOL! I know that I spent about 10 hours studying it and moving things into and out of my cart before and during the sale!

WordTruthLifeBible.com

Posts 88
David Housholder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2015 12:06 PM

Ah, your math is better than mine. I didn't carry the 4. 

Posts 981
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 6 2015 8:04 AM

Is it just me or are some Zondervan "collections" not on sale...?

For example NIDNTTE isn't a collection

https://www.logos.com/product/45403/new-international-dictionary-of-new-testament-theology-and-exegesis

but Basics of Biblical Greek is

https://www.logos.com/product/41567/basics-of-biblical-greek

One is a set I suppose and the other is a collection of individual volumes but the distinction seems a little forced. Anyway at 5% I'm not about to buy either.

Page 4 of 5 (82 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS