Ok - WBC and "New to You" - isn't it working correctly or not?

Page 1 of 2 (39 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 38 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 688
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 1 2015 6:27 AM

The reason I ask is that for the WBC sale - which I would like to take advantage of the product page is in conclusive.

The "New to You dropdown section suggests I would be purchasing

Word Biblical Commentary, Volume 7A: Joshua 1–12 (Second Edition)

Word Biblical Commentary, Volume 7b: Joshua 13–24 (Second Edition)

However when I look further down to the final product list section I get:

This list is more accurate in my view

But how do I know what I am going to be buying and will the 2nd editions be additional to any 1st editions I currently own

I really only want an Official Faithlife response please.

Shalom

Posts 27682
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 7:26 AM

Kevin A Lewis:
WBC and "New to You" - isn't it working correctly or not?

I am still trying to work it out myself. Tongue Tied

Kevin A Lewis:
will the 2nd editions be additional to any 1st editions I currently own

Absolutely, yes. In nearly every instance, a new edition = new resource. This means you will have an "old" and "new" version. Really the only exceptions to this happen with bible translations when the publisher updates the text but doesn't consider the new text a new translation (i.e. the ESV has had several updates. These happen behind the scenes and you are not notified of the change other than the normal resource update notification... in other words, you don't know if the text has changed, a typo has been fixed, or formatting issue resolved). 

Kevin A Lewis:

That isn't quite how the forums work Wink

If you don't get an "official" response, you should contact them directly. FL does interact in the forums, but it isn't the best place to get a direct answer. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1633
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 7:28 AM

Kevin A Lewis:
But how do I know what I am going to be buying and will the 2nd editions be additional to any 1st editions I currently own

Kevin, I hope you do get an official response.

It is confusing, and adding to the confusion:

• I wasted money paying $42.90 to buy the WBC set on dynamic price. It turned out that there were only 4 volumes I didn't have, so I would have been better to buy the 4 at $9.90.
  • The 1 Peter volume in the page on the set is shown as copyright 2010, but was actually published in 1998. This isn't a 2nd edition.
  • The actual pricing in the Zondervan collection is inconsistent. It shows some WBC volumes as costing $9.99 and others at $45.95, and it wrongly lists some that I already own as "new to you".

What I can tell you is that when I still kept my 1st edition volumes when I bought the 2nd edition ones, e.g.:

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 7:45 AM

I can verify that there is a problem. Under the new to me drop down box there is nothing new. at the bottom it lists one title that is new to me, and the price of the bundle is something like 10$.

Additionally there is a problem with dynamic pricing on the upgrade bundle. I supposedly own two of the three volumes, and it still wants to charge me 40$ for it. Which would imply no dynamic pricing wouldn't it?

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 1
Joshua Franklin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 7:50 AM

I had a similar problem. I took your question and submitted it in a chat (almost verbatim). Probably like you, I was missing the same four volumes not just two as the "New To You" showed. I thought $42.90 was off considering they were selling for only $9.99. However, I asked about the 10% credit, and I was told that if I purchased the set for this price that I would receive that credit in 4-6 weeks.

Further, only Judges was available for $9.99. I couldn't find Joshua & 2 Cor. listed for that price. It was only bundled.

Hope this helps,

Joshua

Posts 6412
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 7:52 AM

I paid $10 and change for the second Corinthians revised edition volume. 

DAL

Edit: I now added the 2 original vols. on Isaiah and the old one on Joshua. I own the revised version, but I figured revised versions are considered "new" versions with more content so don't really want to missed anything that old might have that the new might not have and vice versa.

Posts 1564
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 7:57 AM

I just purchased the bundle at $42.90 and received four volumes, despite the "New to You" section telling me it would only be three. 

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 272
LogosEmployee
Glenn Airoldi (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 8:32 AM

Hello all, thanks for the call outs and questions.

The WBC now contains Volume 40: 2 Corinthians (Second Edition), we're updating the "New to you" section to reflect this.

If you already own the First Edition, the Second Edition will be new to you and included in your purchase.

The two Joshua volumes have never been for sale individually through Logos.  We are making these available as individual volumes at the $9.99 individual volume pricing today.

There are two ways to complete your WBC collection, by purchasing individual volumes for $9.99 each, or to purchase the entire collection, dynamically priced.  The dynamically priced collection will add up to slightly more than the $9.99 per volume price, but we are offering 10% of the price you pay for the collection back in Logos credit that will be issued in early October, which ultimately makes purchasing the collection as a collection the better value.

Posts 6412
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 8:49 AM

Anyway we could purchase the old version of Joshua and Judges On WBC? Prior to this sale they were available :)

DAL

Posts 155
Alan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 9:00 AM

Kevin A Lewis:

The reason I ask is that for the WBC sale - which I would like to take advantage of the product page is in conclusive.

The "New to You dropdown section suggests I would be purchasing

Word Biblical Commentary, Volume 7b: Joshua 13–24 (Second Edition)

However when I look further down to the final product list section I get:

This list is more accurate in my view

Shalom

Kevin,

I have the same "differing New to You" situation.  There is a further confusion which I discovered:

In my existing library, I have these two resources:

Watts, John D. W. Isaiah 1–33. Vol. 24. Revised Edition. Word Biblical Commentary. Nashville: Thomas Nelson, Inc, 2005.  which has about 500 odd pages;

Watts, John D. W. Isaiah 34–66. Vol. 25. Revised Edition. Word Biblical Commentary. Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson, Inc, 2005.  which has about 958 pages.

However, in the newer WBC package of 62 volumes, noted these two resources:

Volume 24: Isaiah 1–33, rev. ed.    John D.W. Watts  Edition: 2nd  Publication Date: 2004  Pages: 624

Volume 25: Isaiah 34–66, rev. ed.  John D.W. Watts  Edition: 2nd  Publication Date: 2005  Pages: 448  {this is a huge reduction of pages}

This is all getting very confusing .... Surprise Tongue Tied Huh?

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 9:07 AM

This is a mess!

My price if I get the 'set' is $53.63.

New to you lists:

This is in error, as I see the following at the bottom of the screen:

So actually I need five volumes, not four. The Job volume is one I do need.

If I buy them individually they will total $49.95 NOT $53.63.

With all the hype, you would think Logos had plenty of time to get this figured out.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 391
Geo Philips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 9:20 AM

Mine was 10.73 too. However, is there a way to find which volume actually downloaded apart from opening the Logos desktop app? I am away from my Logos install. 

[I did complete the collection instead of buying the individual volume.]

Posts 391
Geo Philips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 9:21 AM

I believe you will get $5.36 back in October as credit, which makes this the better deal for you if you did wish to complete the collection.

But to be fair, I have to say that is confusing and secondly, seems like weird math. In my books, if this was to be a loyalty discount (which it kind of is), it should have been 9.99 per volume in the collection with the 10% credit on top. Just my humble opinion.

Mark Smith:

This is a mess!

My price if I get the 'set' is $53.63.

New to you lists:

This is in error, as I see the following at the bottom of the screen:

With all the hype, you would think Logos had plenty of time to get this figured out.

Posts 180
Linden | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 10:17 AM

Mark Smith:

I'm in the same situation.  Dynamic price of $53.63 with only four volumes in the New to You list (Job, Joshua (2) and 2 Cor) but 5 volumes listed in the more details area (Judges is missing).  At work so I'm not sure if either list is correct.

Linden

Posts 240
Alexxy Olu | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 11:18 AM

I think I better wait a couple of days for this confusion to be sorted.

I need to be sure of what am actually getting for the $53.63 that it is showing me.

Posts 272
LogosEmployee
Glenn Airoldi (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 11:19 AM

Hello All,

The "New to you" feature is updated to include the Second Editions where appropriate, and to include the missing Judges volume.

Thanks for sharing the details of what you were seeing.

Posts 272
LogosEmployee
Glenn Airoldi (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 11:23 AM

The individual volumes, priced at $9.99 are actually a better deal than the dynamically priced collection, due to stipulations in our distribution agreement.  That's why we're offering 10% of your dynamically priced purchase of the complete 62 volume collection back in Logos credit.  

Everyone should see the "New to you" list match the list of resources with a blue starburst in the "More details about these resources" section at the bottom of the page.

Posts 406
Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 11:36 AM

This morning my dynamic price for the 62 vol. set was $30.21.  I have all but three vols. 

I just went to purchase it and the price has increased to $117.09. Huh?

Something is definitely broken, especially when the three individual vols. are under $30 if purchased separately.

Posts 8947
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 11:36 AM

Although this has been changed some this morning it is still messed up. I could spend $117.09 or 3 x $9.99. I only need 3 volumes to complete the set.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 1 of 2 (39 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS