Ok - WBC and "New to You" - isn't it working correctly or not?

Page 2 of 2 (39 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 38 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 8947
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 11:42 AM

Glenn Airoldi:
The individual volumes, priced at $9.99 are actually a better deal than the dynamically priced collection, due to stipulations in our distribution agreement.  That's why we're offering 10% of your dynamically priced purchase of the complete 62 volume collection back in Logos credit.  

I missed seeing this on my last post. Sorry about that. I have now ordered each of the volumes at $9.99 each. Thanks!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 391
Geo Philips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 11:56 AM

That is indeed a mess. Once I go back home I will have to check what volumes actually downloaded for me and compare it to the full WBC list on the website.

Bruce Dunning:

Although this has been changed some this morning it is still messed up. I could spend $117.09 or 3 x $9.99. I only need 3 volumes to complete the set.

Posts 6
LogosEmployee
Jonathan Heemstra | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 11:57 AM

Kevin A Lewis:

The reason I ask is that for the WBC sale - which I would like to take advantage of the product page is in conclusive.

The "New to You dropdown section suggests I would be purchasing

Word Biblical Commentary, Volume 7A: Joshua 1–12 (Second Edition)

Word Biblical Commentary, Volume 7b: Joshua 13–24 (Second Edition)

However when I look further down to the final product list section I get:

Word Biblical Commentary, Volume 7A: Joshua 1–12 (Second Edition)

This list is more accurate in my view

Kevin, 

The discrepancies between the "new to you" resource list and the "More details about these resources" have been resolved. There should be parity between the two lists now.

Posts 8947
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 11:59 AM

Geo Philips:
That is indeed a mess. Once I go back home I will have to check what volumes actually downloaded for me and compare it to the full WBC list on the website.

Take a look at my post directly above yours and you will find the answer. It is a better deal to go with the $9.99 deal than to go with the collection.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 987
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 12:00 PM

My price just went up from $49 to $135 still the same 5 vols... seems very glitchy.

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 406
Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 12:10 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Geo Philips:

Take a look at my post directly above yours and you will find the answer. It is a better deal to go with the $9.99 deal than to go with the collection.

Sure the individual vols. are a "better deal" than the inflated 62 vol. price, but they weren't an overall better deal this morning when my upgrade price was $30.21 with a 10% credit. 

Posts 180
Linden | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 12:35 PM

Glenn Airoldi:

Everyone should see the "New to you" list match the list of resources with a blue starburst in the "More details about these resources" section at the bottom of the page.

The lists now match for me, but the dynamic price has almost tripled to $135.66 from $53.63 for the five resources! Surprise

Linden

Posts 244
JC54 | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 1:05 PM

same here, around 80 dollars price increase.

Please Logos, if all volumes are sold for 9.99. The reasonable price for the whole set is something like N* 8,50. Not N *17,00! This makes no sense, has not made any sense from the first announcement of the sale weeks ago.

Posts 240
Alexxy Olu | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 1:15 PM

Still waiting for Faithlife to urgently bring sanity to this confusion.

Posts 6412
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 1:29 PM

Alexxy Olu:

i guess location matters because I had no problems with my WBC purchases. 

Posts 391
Geo Philips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 1:34 PM

If all things work well, and if you need Logos credit (which I dont mind having anyway), the collection is better. 10.73 - 10% should be around 9.65

Bruce Dunning:

Geo Philips:

Posts 3187
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 1:37 PM

WHAT A MESS- 4 books at 9.99 ea does not equal $126.38- the website is on crack.

Posts 3187
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 1:57 PM

Ok took the plunge- $195, picked up 14 books- completed a couple collections, picked up some new material- not bad avg. $14 ea- WBC was a deal maker for me. Big Smile

Posts 263
Greg Corbin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 2:09 PM

Count me in too. I understand the responses explaining the 10% Logos credit for buying the WBC set to make it worthwhile. However, I only needed 5 volumes and the "dynamic" price was $135.66.  However, I happened to notice that "New to You" only showed five volumes. I double checked with my library and found that was correct and those five volumes are on sale for $9.99 each.  Now, I won't be trusting dynamic pricing anymore because it almost caused me to throw away $85

Posts 240
Alexxy Olu | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 2:44 PM

DAL:

Alexxy Olu:

i guess location matters because I had no problems with my WBC purchases. 

Possibly because the confusion seems to be increasing.

As I just looked at the individual volumes now: it's showing that I can buy the Isaiah volumes which I own already;

I can see two instances of the 2Corinthians the one close to the top is greyed out meaning I own it which I don't and the one near the base shows it is available for me to buy! 

It's late here now.

I will wait for the confusion to clear before hopefully I can buy two volumes: Judges and the 3rd volume of Job.

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 2:46 PM

I bought the two volumes that I needed that were not revised. The other three were left unpurchased.

I visited the WBC page again to my new dynamic price:

Three missing volumes for $32.18. HMMM.

The New to You listing in now correct (that's good):

But, this is where is gets interesting. I put this in my cart and here is what I see:

Not $32.18 (wherever that number came from) but $27.85. AFAIK 3x9.99 is $29.97. Where the 'list' $29.32 came from I don't know. The $27.85 is a 5% savings over this incorrect total. I do also get the .01 and notice of a 10% credit.

Interesting math here, but we're closer, and definitely more in my favor.

It does make me leery of all the other bundles I cannot so easily check out.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 3:05 PM

Mark Smith:
Not $32.18 (wherever that number came from)

I discovered the answer in another thread.

Glenn Airoldi:

The 62 volume collection is priced at $664.95, on sale.

When you do the math, the collection is priced at $10.73 per volume, which is obviously more than the sum of the parts.  That's why we're offering 10% of the dynamically priced collection back as Logos credit.

Your dynamic price = (the number of volumes you don't own) x ($10.725)

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 688
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 2 2015 2:40 AM

Jonathan Heemstra:

Kevin, 

The discrepancies between the "new to you" resource list and the "More details about these resources" have been resolved. There should be parity between the two lists now.

Thanks for your help with this Faithlife and Jonathan

Shalom Kevin

Posts 2922
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 2 2015 2:02 PM

Glenn Airoldi:

The individual volumes, priced at $9.99 are actually a better deal than the dynamically priced collection, due to stipulations in our distribution agreement.  That's why we're offering 10% of your dynamically priced purchase of the complete 62 volume collection back in Logos credit.  

Everyone should see the "New to you" list match the list of resources with a blue starburst in the "More details about these resources" section at the bottom of the page.

Thank you. That's what I was noticing...that it was cheaper to purchase individually. 

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Page 2 of 2 (39 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS