fr.paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 24 2020 10:10 AM

Dear Kyle,
any updates?
Thanks in advance!

Posts 3707
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 24 2020 2:57 PM

Pawel Trajewski:
any updates

Was wondering the same thing last night.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 5301
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 25 2020 10:14 AM

Glad I am not the only anxious soul....

-dan

Posts 41
fr.paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 2 2020 2:30 AM

Is it possible to miraculously accelerate the process of publication of NJB? Seriously, during the Quarantine, it would be an excellent gift for us form Faithlife. What is more, it would be an outstanding asset for the preparation of sermons for Easter. Anyway, we're waiting...
God bless you!

Posts 1289
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 3 2020 9:27 AM

Sorry for the lack of response. I had to take some extra time to finalize some things involving the new Bible Data Type and making sure everything was supported on mobile and web clients.

It's been passed along to the products team and they'll be posting a ship date soon.

Posts 41
fr.paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 3 2020 10:01 AM

Great news! Dreams really do come true!
5 years of waitng... Wink
I think that it will be a fantastic tool for our Bible Study.
Hopefully, "soon" means a course of one/two weeks... Who knows, maybe even sooner? Wink Wink Wink

Thanks Kyle! Yes

Posts 982
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 3 2020 4:29 PM

fr.paul:
Hopefully, "soon" means a course of one/two weeks... Who knows, maybe even sooner? Wink Wink 

It has a shipping date now! April 24th 2020

Posts 41
fr.paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 3 2020 11:45 PM

Thanks be to GOD ! Angel

Posts 76
David J. Ring, Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 10 2020 5:34 PM

I just received an email saying it is about to ship and showing some details of my payment card, asking if everything was the same, if so no action need be taken.

It's on its way.

Jesus died on the cross today, but I know the triumph coming in two days.

Happy Easter.

David

Posts 5301
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 24 2020 4:56 PM

Anxiously waiting as traditional closing time of the day nears..... hope we still get this today!

-dan

Posts 11182
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 24 2020 8:36 PM

Thank you to whoever worked late to get NJB out tonight!!

And well worth the wait:

Genesis 1 (NJB: Notes): Light was one of God’s creations; darkness, being negative, was not.

Also, the notes track YEDP ... also good.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 5301
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 24 2020 8:57 PM

Thank You Faithlife for a wonderful implementation of this important Bible. I am only just exploring it now but it appears to be a very top notch implementation of the Regular Edition (Study Bible). 

-dan 

Posts 105
HansK | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 24 2020 9:53 PM

Got it here! Even outside the States :-)

Looks good!

Posts 76
David J. Ring, Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 24 2020 11:53 PM

Why did they publish it in two volumes? One is the text, the second is the notes. 

When I click on a lettered note (in the Android mobile app) it goes promptly to the notes, but then I cannot return!

If they put it in one volume I doubt they'd have that problem.

Maybe I'll find a work around.

Regards,

David 

Posts 10872
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 25 2020 2:01 AM

David J. Ring, Jr.:
Why did they publish it in two volumes? One is the text, the second is the notes.

This is the common way of publishing bibles (mostly study bibles) that have lots of and/or very voluminous notes. It allows having both resources flow alongside in two tabs, and it allows highlighting and commenting the notes - much better than having those as footnotes to a text. In some cases this may even be necessary due to different publishing rights for the bible text itself and the notes.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 1553
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 25 2020 3:32 AM

David J. Ring, Jr.:

The multiple resources display helps. I use that display quite often but have not really learnt how to use it. 

The tool is like a minefield, never could predict when it works and when not, but usually after some trial and error it works.

You use the button surrounded by a dotted line and the upside down triangle in this picture.

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 23202
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 25 2020 3:43 AM

Veli Voipio:
The multiple resources display helps. I use that display quite often but have not really learnt how to use it. 

Yes - but David is trying to do this on Android which doesn't have this capability.

Posts 23202
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 25 2020 3:45 AM

David J. Ring, Jr.:

David - have you tried setting up a split panel on your Android?

With one half the Bible and the other the notes

Posts 99
Paul Yeager | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 25 2020 7:50 AM

How does the NJ. with Complete study notes compare/contrast with the Catholic Study Bible (NAB)?

Posts 76
David J. Ring, Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 25 2020 8:41 AM

Yes, I figured it out.  I stumbled upon the split screen by accident, I never really knew hot to do this before - it has some sort of icon at the top of the "screens" of the books that are open and if you click that, you can add another book.  You can do the same thing outside of Verbum/Logos Android with Chrome browser and other compliant applications.  Not well documented but I found several confusing how-to pages about it.

All is fine now, I have the top and the notes in the bottom, even better than scrolling back and forth.

Excellent - what notes - amazing I can  even open the Ignatius Study Bible - which has several OT books and the entire NT in another window.

The amount of notes is amazing.  That's why I love the NJB. I had the original edition signed by Salvador Dali who did the artwork.

Thanks,

DR

Page 5 of 7 (131 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > | RSS