Site outage: Did any items close on Community Pricing today?

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 4 2015 1:36 PM

I've only just been able to get to ANY of the Faithlife family of sites in the last 10 minutes.

Does anyone know if any titles closed out today on Community Pricing?

(I care because while I might buy something at $25-35 I often wont ever pay the full $350 some sets them jump to.)

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 4 2015 1:41 PM

We have several that are close, but nothing over the line yet.

Product Department Manager
Faithlife

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 4 2015 1:45 PM

Thanks Gabe.

I check my Friday night around 10 or 11 pm (I'm UTC+13 hours) every week, before the Friday noon close-off there, but had not been able to get any connections to logos.com until 20 mins or so ago.

Regards,

Jim

Posts 2769
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 4 2015 1:47 PM

This is one that I know of.

Life and Select Works of A.B. Simpson (11 vols.)

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 4 2015 1:59 PM

Thanks Erwin.

Then Gabe, I respectfully request that any items that closed today please be pushed back to CP until next Friday in light of the site failures.

Regards,

Jim

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 4 2015 2:15 PM

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

You're right. That one did go over today. Let me see what I can do. Thanks!

Faithlife

Posts 2769
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 4 2015 2:22 PM

Gabe Martini:

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

You're right. That one did go over today. Let me see what I can do. Thanks!

Yes

And I'm pretty sure that there are others. The reason I know about this one is the email notification I received.

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 4 2015 2:54 PM

If you were unable to bid on one of these, please contact Customer Service (via phone or email) and they can place an order for you at the final bid price.

Faithlife

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 4 2015 4:57 PM
Gabe, The problem is that I dont know what I might have missed amd it may be the same for others. Please just push the titles out another week and its all solved. Regards, Jim
Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 4 2015 5:30 PM

I'm also disapointed because I asked about delaying the Friday noon cutoff on Twitter and the response was "we'll pass that on" yet nothing was done to delay the cutoff!

Im sure Bob would have said "No problem we'll take care of that for our customers"

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 4 2015 6:30 PM

JimTowler:

I'm also disapointed because I asked about delaying the Friday noon cutoff on Twitter and the response was "we'll pass that on" yet nothing was done to delay the cutoff!

Im sure Bob would have said "No problem we'll take care of that for our customers"

I did hear from the social media team but the items had already shipped off of Community Pricing. FWIW, these are the only resources moving from CP to Pre-Pub today:

https://www.logos.com/product/53619/life-and-select-works-of-ab-simpson https://www.logos.com/product/53967/select-works-of-obadiah-sedgwick We are more than happy to lock in the CP bid for you if you missed out due to the server outage. Please reach out if so!

Faithlife

Posts 210
David J. Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 4 2015 6:31 PM

Two collections closed today:

Suggest anyone who missed out get into the habit of checking and bidding on Thursday:
that way you may actually help lower the price more by influencing bid decisions by others.....

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 4 2015 6:57 PM

David,

Thanks for your updates around CP.

I used to bid high and early on CP, but the problem is that something might race over the line at $40. By hanging back, it can take months or years but we might get it for $15. 

My Orders page shows over $1,000 pending on the CP items, but in many cases I have low bid because I only want them if they are cheap. Or maybe I don't much care if I never get it. I do bid high on something I really want and trust to the system to deliver it for a good or fair price.

Regards,

Jim

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 4 2015 7:02 PM

Gabe,

I'm still disapoiinted you cant just push these titles back for another week. Most users wont know to look here to learn of this option to buy them for $20.

And your first and second answers to my question also are now shown to be incorrect. 

I think I'll put down the keyboard and walk away before I get really grumpy ...

Posts 7508
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 7 2015 7:40 AM

JimTowler:

Gabe,

I'm still disapoiinted you cant just push these titles back for another week. Most users wont know to look here to learn of this option to buy them for $20.

And your first and second answers to my question also are now shown to be incorrect. 

I think I'll put down the keyboard and walk away before I get really grumpy ...

And I'm disappointed that you're asking for another week when they're being kind enough to offer you the final bidding price when they don't normally do that.  So take the offer and be thankful that you're even getting it at a still cheap reasonable price :) And threatening to get grumpy won't get you anything either ;)  now go to your corner and think about what you've done :D

DAL

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS