The Complete Biblical Library

Page 2 of 5 (85 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 84 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 880
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2010 10:38 AM

Terry Poperszky:

STOPITSTOPITSTOPIT!

According to the forum rules competing products must be referred to as "The Program Which Must Not Be Named"!!!

Really? It sounds like Harry Potter...

Then how should we address it?

Thanks.

Posts 269
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2010 10:41 AM

Terry Poperszky:

STOPITSTOPITSTOPIT!

According to the forum rules competing products must be referred to as "The Program Which Must Not Be Named"!!!

this is a very dumb rule

Posts 1536
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2010 10:45 AM

Stein Dahl:
this is a very dumb rule

Of course it is, I just made it up. Cool

Posts 586
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2010 12:01 PM

Stein Dahl:
The Program Which Must Not Be Named only started offering the "The Complete Biblical Library" a couple of months ago - so there is no way that they have had an exclusive deal with the publishers for 7 years.
Stein, I was at a Convention back in November and they were selling it there with the statement that they had exclusive rights to "epublish"...and if I recall correctly, it would be for at least 7 years, maybe more, from that point.

Posts 2689
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2010 12:07 PM

Terry Poperszky:

STOPITSTOPITSTOPIT!

You are going to far with this forum rules thing. As far as i am concerned - WordSearch!Devil

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 2689
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2010 12:10 PM

Bill Shewmaker:

Stein Dahl:
The Program Which Must Not Be Named only started offering the "The Complete Biblical Library" a couple of months ago - so there is no way that they have had an exclusive deal with the publishers for 7 years.
Stein, I was at a Convention back in November and they were selling it there with the statement that they had exclusive rights to "epublish"...and if I recall correctly, it would be for at least 7 years, maybe more, from that point.

Thanks for the info but 7years exclusively to Wordsearch? I sure would love to see "The Complete Biblical Library" in Logos.

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 1536
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2010 12:26 PM

Ted Hans:
You are going to far with this forum rules thing. As far as i am concerned Wordsearch!Devil

Please see my post where I said I made it upBig Smile

Posts 2689
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2010 12:33 PM

Terry Poperszky:
Please see my post where I said I made it upBig Smile

I posted before you wrote. Another joke, which i did not get until i read you last post - story of my lifeEmbarrassed.

Ted.

Posts 880
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2010 1:16 PM

Ted Hans:

Bill Shewmaker:

Stein Dahl:

Thanks for the info but 7years exclusively to Wordsearch? I sure would love to see "The Complete Biblical Library" in Logos.

Ted

Amen.

What I could do is probably buy it through WordSearch. And actually that make sense to WordSearch. Well, Logos is so powerful already, including so many resources. But the Complete Biblical Library might be "the best" that they can offer already (I just guess, from how they introduce it in the video, well, it is great, but pretty much overstating).

And to Complete Biblical Library, it is good either. After all, it is dead already! It stops publishing it for some reason (if any of you know the true reason, please tell me). So, to give it the WordSearch, at least they can make it alive again, without a care on how much they can sold out (if they want to sell more, probably they should come to Logos. But I might have neglected the factor that Logos users know how to use many other resources that has similar function so that they might not need Complete Biblical Library that much).

Posts 579
Jim VanSchoonhoven | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2010 3:05 PM

My opinion concerning the rules as applied to this post,  I believe the rule really did not apply here, but the fact that you brought up the rule, caused more possible damage to Logos than what would have been done by letting a simple honest question run it's course!

In Christ,

Jim

Posts 1929
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2010 3:44 PM

JimVanSchoonhoven:

My opinion concerning the rules as applied to this post,  I believe the rule really did not apply here, but the fact that you brought up the rule, caused more possible damage to Logos than what would have been done by letting a simple honest question run it's course!

In Christ,

Jim

+3Yes

Posts 880
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2010 4:24 PM

Terry Poperszky:

STOPITSTOPITSTOPIT!

Good joke. What I should add to the joke is:

Logos must be referred to as "The Program Which Must be Named 24/7!"

Well.... seems like worshiping idols...

Ok, we all understand our dear brother is joking only.

Posts 1536
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2010 4:38 PM

JimVanSchoonhoven:

Alas Jim, all I can do is read guidelines and try to apply them. I never said it did apply, I said it MAY apply. When Rosie questioned me, I answered that if the OP was OK with it, I was as well (Not that my opinion really matters).  The forum guidelines 

1. Please do not use our forums to
    • sell anything or link to anything you’re selling—including Logos products
    • promote or link to competitors
  2. Please help others follow these guidelines. If the problems continue after you’ve given a gentle reminder of these expectations, please click “Report Abuse” under “More” or send an email to forums@logos.com.

Promote or LINK to our competitors.

Please help other follow these guidelines.

Gentle reminder

My original post tried to take into account the wishes of Logos.

But, you may not be referring to my original post, you may be referring to the post in which I quoted Harry Potter movies in an attempt at humor. Taking about software "Which must not be named" and referencing how many have been referring to BibleWorks.

Either way, I give up. Gentle offends, humor offends.

Such is life.

Posts 18643
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2010 10:02 PM

Terry Poperszky:

Rosie Perera:
I think it was an innocent question not designed to give business to a competitor, and sort of necessary in order to ask the question "Could you provide this resource here in Logos?" Just like when people link to amazon.com for hard copy books they'd like to see in Logos.

Rosie, you are probably correct. I was not judging, I was simply making a statement and then pointing the person to the rules of the forum. If they don't feel they are impinging on them, as far as I am concerned the matter is over.

May I ask how you would have worded it? Or do you think that I should not have brought the matter up at all?

Hi Terry, I wouldn't have changed a thing. I think you worded it fine and were right to bring it up. That's part of dialogue. I was just responding, with a possible exemption from the rule for the OP in this particular instance, which is the other half of dialogue. I think the dialogue went in a good direction from there. Hope you're OK with it. I wasn't offended, nor was I judging you nor charging you with judging. Blessings and peace.

Posts 269
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2010 11:37 PM

Bill Shewmaker:
Bill, oops, & sorry.  Thought you meant that WORDsearch had already had an exclusive deal for 7 years.  I didn't even think about the possibility that you may have meant for the next 7 years going forward - which you did.  My bad.  I apologize.

Still, it would be nice to see it in Logos.Wink

Posts 269
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2010 11:39 PM

Terry Poperszky:
Please see my post where I said I made it up
Terry! You kidder - you!

Posts 586
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 12 2010 7:19 AM

Stein Dahl:

Bill Shewmaker:
Bill, oops, & sorry.  Thought you meant that WORDsearch had already had an exclusive deal for 7 years.  I didn't even think about the possibility that you may have meant for the next 7 years going forward - which you did.  My bad.  I apologize.

Still, it would be nice to see it in Logos.Wink

Stein, thanks, but no apology necessary. And, I agree. It would be nice to have in Logos.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 12 2010 7:52 AM

Over the years I have owned two sets of the "Complete Biblical Library" in hardback.  It is a fine reference set but is surpassed in every feature by Logos software capabilities. I sold my hardback sets.

The New Testament set was first handled by World Library Press. My second set had a different publisher but I cannot remember who it was.

The current software release is an exclusive as Bill has previously posted. I don't know the duration of the aggreement but it will certainly be a while before it would become available in Logos format. Still, I don't see the need for redundant (and slightly inferior) works.

Everybody knows my sentiments on posting competitor's ads on the Logos forum. I warned everybody if they kept it up Logos would eventually impose forum rules. I was right. I just hope everybody will read those rules closely. There is no exemption clause and no exempted class. We should respect the rules.   (Yes, I know I have to be chastised every now & then. I'm working on breaking my bad habits. Zip it! )

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1929
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 12 2010 8:07 AM

The original poster did not break any rules.  This is a suggestion forum.  There is a resource he likes which he is suggesting to be in Logos.  That is not breaking any forum rules.  Any resource suggested is already published by someone.  Suggesting that it be part of Logos is what the suggestion forum is all about.  The reason why this has exploded is because someone jumped on the original suggestion and that was premature and not correct since no rule was broken.

Posts 569
J. Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 12 2010 8:59 AM

Is there a forum 'police' academy one has to attend in order to carry a firearm?  Super Angry

Page 2 of 5 (85 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS