Library indexing

Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 32 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 58
Tony Lim | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 7 2015 8:15 AM

6646.Logos Log Files.zip

Posts 8113
LogosEmployee

Logging appears to be running normally in these logs, except that it was terminated early (maybe because a new/updated resource was installed?).

Please capture a full session of indexing and post the logs again.

(Continued from https://community.logos.com/forums/t/115051.aspx

Posts 8113
LogosEmployee

Also, please don't pause the indexing while it's running (while you're collecting the logs).

Posts 58
Tony Lim | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 7 2015 6:12 PM

Thank you.

I just completed another round of library indexing over night - my fourth time! I shall wait and see if the indexing will auto repeat when I open Logos 6, and then I shall do what you suggested. 

Posts 58
Tony Lim | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 7 2015 7:20 PM

Again, the library indexing starts all over again after the completion of the previous indexing. See picture. 

Posts 27961
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 7 2015 8:24 PM

Tony Lim:
Again, the library indexing starts all over again after the completion of the previous indexing.

How much free space does your hard drive have?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 58
Tony Lim | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 7 2015 8:33 PM

My disk space is 500GB and still have 360GB free. 

Posts 25199
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 7 2015 10:28 PM

Tony Lim:

Thank you.

I just completed another round of library indexing over night - my fourth time! I shall wait and see if the indexing will auto repeat when I open Logos 6, and then I shall do what you suggested. 

If you previously enabled permanent logging then the logs can be uploaded (the compressed Log Files folder) immediately after a 'round' of indexing (before any more indexing starts). You can also start logging by pressing the CTRL key when you start Logos.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 58
Tony Lim | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 7 2015 10:49 PM

What puzzles me is that why the Library keeps indexing every time I open logos 6, and there's not indication of new resources being added or installed. Even right now the Library still indexing after my previous round completed. Never have I encountered such strange behaviour since I used Logos Bible Software!

Posts 25199
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 7 2015 11:09 PM

Tony Lim:
What puzzles me..

We cannot unravel the puzzle without logs, Tony. Please read the wiki article carefully and post logs as per my previous post.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 58
Posts 25199
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 8 2015 3:23 AM

The logs show that indexing completed successfully at 08:54am on 8 Sept (it took 3.5 hrs) and that it was not initiated  when you started Logos at 10:04am! That is a good result!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 58
Tony Lim | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 8 2015 4:30 AM

Then what is the issue that when I open Logos 6, the library index starts all over again?

Posts 27961
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 8 2015 7:01 AM

Did it start again at 10:04? Did it start again after another restart?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 58
Tony Lim | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 8 2015 7:19 AM

Well, I just open my Logos 6, and there it is again - library indexing (see picture). Just not sure what is the problem.

Posts 8113
LogosEmployee

Sorry, but we can't diagnose this without a complete set of log files from each time it happens.

Posts 58
Tony Lim | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 8 2015 7:46 AM

Today I just completed another round of library indexing. Just half an hour ago, I open Logos 6, and there it is, library indexing starts all over again.

Here's the log:

2146.Logos Log Files.zip

Posts 8113
LogosEmployee

The logs don't show the indexer finishing. Was it still running when you zipped up the log files? If so, please wait for it to finish before posting logs.

If it wasn't running, it may have crashed in a way that we can't see from the logs. In that case, we'll need you to post the Windows Event Viewer details for the crash. Or you can contact Tech Support for assistance with this problem (and reference this thread).

Posts 58
Tony Lim | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 8 2015 6:20 PM

Bradley, 

Here's the log after the completion of the library indexing.

5123.Logos Log Files (2).zip

Posts 25199
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 8 2015 6:50 PM

There is a possibility of corruption in one database file and it could also be affecting some resource index files. I think the best way to manage this is to contact Tech Support and let them look at your computer. Refer them to this thread

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS