Kudos for the Bible Book Guide Dataset Documentation

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 8 2015 9:26 PM

The update to this dataset documentation file was just downloaded to my computer and I checked it out. I was pleased by what I saw. I have not had time to keep up with previous installments of this file and where other dataset documentation files are at, but recalling the outcry (mine included) several months ago about inadequate documentation, I must recognize that this just the kind of thing we were asking about: clear, illustrated, explaining method and limitations and providing a list of resources in which the dataset operates.

Well done!

Posts 570
Schumitinu | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2015 4:44 AM

Well done indeed!

Posts 2770
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2015 7:36 AM

I took notice of the documentation also, and like it as well. Especially the list of resources in which it is applied. I'll also put a star on the Faithlife teams hand. Smile

Posts 139
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 2 2015 10:07 AM

Thanks for the encouragement! I'll pass that along to the team.

We've still got quite a bit more planned, and now there's a way to provide feedback for specific datasets on their Faithlife group, so we'd love to hear any suggestions for how to make this and other documentation items more useful.

Posts 934
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 2 2015 10:17 AM

Sean Boisen:
We've still got quite a bit more planned, and now there's a way to provide feedback for specific datasets on their Faithlife group, so we'd love to hear any suggestions for how to make this and other documentation items more useful.

Sean, are there any plans to enable customers to see at a glance all the datasets a given resource is in some way connected to? For example, if I want to buy a particular resource and want to see what all datasets it works with, will this information be listed on the product page in one place, as opposed to searching individual pieces of documentation for multiple datasets? If not, after I purchase a resource, will that information eventually show up in the information panel for the resource? I am a HUGE fan of all the datasets that are coming out, but as datasets increase, so does the need to easily see what works with what. Very appreciative for the documentation FL has made available so far. Things keep getting better and better! 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS