Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 522
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 11 2010 2:08 AM

Hi,

Is there a way to save a Topic Search? As far as I know it is not possible, but perhaps someone knows a trick that I am unaware of. I am researching a topic on the Psalms and I ran a topic search on all resources, which took some time to complete. Unfortunately I have to redo this topic search every time from the beginning. Perhaps there is a method to save these searched and continue without running the whole process that I am not aware of?

Thanks

Posts 27034
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2010 3:05 AM

No, L3 never allowed you to save a search. If you saved it as part of a workspace it would only re-run the search when you loaded the workspace.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 19306
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2010 3:15 AM

Yes, but L3 allowed you to select and copy the search results and paste them into a note or somewhere else. This won't preserve the links, though. But at least a quick visual scan will show you what resources your topic was found in and you could go and individually open the ones that might be useful to you which you hadn't explored yet. You could put a * next to the ones you'd already investigated, so that if you had to close Logos and finish your study later, you'd know where you had left off and could pick up again without having to wait to run the entire topic search through your whole library again. I agree, it can be pretty slow if you've got a large library.

L4 is much faster at doing searches, so once it has better topic searching capabilities matching L3's (which are on the way), you might want to consider upgrading.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS