Reftagger Plugin has TWO dropdown fields for Bible Selection - what is difference

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Sally Archambault | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 9 2015 7:57 AM

I have been looking for documentation, but cannot find.  The Wordpress Reftagger plugin's settings screen has a dropdown field labeled 'Bible Version' and then ANOTHER dropdown field labeled 'Logos Bible Software Bible Version'.  The values in these dropdown lists are different.  What is the purpose of each of these fields?

THANKS

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2015 8:43 AM

If you select the option to include links to Logos Bible Software, you can elect to have the software open to a different Bible version than the main link.

I believe it is a very uncommonly used option, but it could be useful if you wanted to direct your readers to a Bible translation that is not available via RefTagger.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 3
Sally Archambault | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2015 8:55 AM

I am still confused David.  Your terminology doesn't make sense to me ... I've included a screen snippet of the settings page... I do not understand what the 2 Bible dropdown fields relate to - it seems that only the top 'Bible version' is what is used on a wordpress site - what is that second 'Logos Bible' field used for?  How could I get the 'Logos Bible' field to be used in my wordpress site?  I want to use NRSV, but that is not available in the top 'Bible version' dropdown - but is available under the second 'Logos Bible' field...

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2015 9:03 AM

NRSV is not an option in the first list because we do not have permission from the publisher to make it freely available.

In addition to the tooltip and the link to Biblia, RefTagger can also produce links to Logos Bible Software (the desktop application we produce), which show up as a small 'L' in a box next to each tagged reference. If you enable this option, the "Logos Bible Software Bible Version" option can be used to cause the desktop application to open to a different Bible version than what is displayed on your website.

The reason that the second list has more options is because it only works if a visitor to your site has our application installed and has a license to the Bible you've chosen.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 3
Sally Archambault | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2015 9:12 AM

Thanks for your quick reply, David.  I tried clicking on the small 'L' to see if I could get access to the other bible translation, but I suppose because I don't have application installed/access to the software, I got an error - so I will not use this feature because I have no way of gracefully controlling this type of error...

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS