Logos 6 won't synch - using Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 64
Warren Dane | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 9 2015 4:51 PM

I'm using Logos 6.5 SR 1 on my laptop Win 10 and just added two resources today. However, the sych feature will not work. I have tried repeatedly and get the ! indicator that the synch did not synch. My Logos 6.5 SR1 on my Win 7 desktop works fine. It is a mirror of the laptop but synch works on Win 7. Any solution? 

Posts 64
Warren Dane | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2015 5:12 PM

Is it possible that this is a "permissions" issue even tho' I have allow for myself, administrator(me), owner PC (me) for the logos4 folder. It seems that Logos 6 is not very user friendly to Win 10 or vice versa ?? I had a problem updating to 6.5 SR 1. I did the add new permission suggested by tech support. Didn't work. Loading with administrator permission worked, but is discouraged by tech support.

It appears hopeless to get Logos 6.5 SR 1 synched. I'm also apprehensive about the next update. Will that work in Win 10?

Posts 64
Warren Dane | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2015 5:25 PM

I just checked the log file and it reported that synch failed when synching the notes files I think. Does the notes synch have a problem only with  Win 10? I have no problem synching on my Win 7 desktop.

3630.LogosError.log

Posts 27683
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2015 5:30 PM

See the link below for the status of services (including sync):

http://status.faithlife.com 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 24936
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 10 2015 1:24 AM

Warren Dane:
Does the notes synch have a problem only with  Win 10? I

Not related to Win 10, as per the Server Status link - "We've temporarily disabled Notes Sync again...."

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 64
Warren Dane | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 10 2015 7:58 AM

Dave

Logos is synching in Win7 now on my desktop, but not on my laptop with Win 10. Could it be the permissions issue to the Logos 4 folder just with Win 10? I upgraded to Logos 5 & 6 from Logos 4.

Posts 64
Warren Dane | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 10 2015 7:59 AM

Unless the server problem is related to Win 10 and not to Win 7. ??

Posts 64
Warren Dane | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 10 2015 8:16 AM

My Win7 desktop was synching with the servers even when it was reported they were down. Right at 1700 hours on 9 Sep. Possibly synching was just before they took them off line. ?? Thus, my puzzlement.

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 10 2015 8:24 AM

I'm still getting the same "error occurred" message on both my Windows 10 machines so on and on it goes.  Hopefully they'll get it fixed of these days.  I hate it when Faithlife "fixes" things.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 24936
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 10 2015 4:31 PM

Warren Dane:
My Win7 desktop was synching with the servers even when it was reported they were down. Right at 1700 hours on 9 Sep.

It's impossible to know when the servers were taken down and "how" it was done may have a bearing on what you observed.

Right now I get an error with Notes sync (I deliberately made a change to a note in Win 10) but other documents Sync OK.

Note that Sync works only for your (user-created) documents; your Logos resources are downloaded by a different mechanism.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 64
Warren Dane | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 10 2015 10:49 PM

Thanks Dave. I just tried the synch in Win10 and it's working. Guess the notes server being down was the problem. My many posts were apparently much ado about nothing. Thanks also to tech support. Your patience & professionalism is appreciated. Smile

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS