Have a dumb question about installling Galaxie's Theological Journals

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 104
David Miller | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 11 2010 3:48 AM

I just purchased Galaxy's Theological Journals thru Logos and am sitting here holding the install CDs.  I have both Logos 3 and Logos 4 installed on my PC.

Unfortunately - and hence the need for the CDs - this is not yet auto-downloadable in Logos 4. *sigh*  So, as I understand it, you have to install to Logos 3, sync the license, and then start Logos 4?  What happens then?  Does L4 just then copy the installed files into the L4 subdirectories?  Is that what happens?

What happens if I lost my hard drive are doing all of this?  Would I have to go thru the same process to get the journals installed in L4?

Posts 1390
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2010 3:53 AM

David R Miller:

I just purchased Galaxy's Theological Journals thru Logos and am sitting here holding the install CDs.  I have both Logos 3 and Logos 4 installed on my PC.

Unfortunately - and hence the need for the CDs - this is not yet auto-downloadable in Logos 4. *sigh*  So, as I understand it, you have to install to Logos 3, sync the license, and then start Logos 4?  What happens then?  Does L4 just then copy the installed files into the L4 subdirectories?  Is that what happens?

What happens if I lost my hard drive are doing all of this?  Would I have to go thru the same process to get the journals installed in L4?

As far as I know if you start up 4 after you have installed it using 3 it will automatically update your resources. If it does not, type in "update now" in the command bar. As to your technical question "where it goes", I dont know.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2010 4:32 AM

Blair's right. Logos 4 will download the journals once it realizes that you have the licenses for them, you might have to do an update now to force this. If your HD crashes all your user files and licenses are backed up at Logos so in the event of a re-install everything will automatically download again.

Posts 104
David Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2010 5:52 AM

You must mean that L4 copies it from the L3 subdirectories.  If L4 could "download" the material, why would it be necessary to send me CDs?

Posts 3809
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2010 6:24 AM

David R Miller:

You must mean that L4 copies it from the L3 subdirectories.  If L4 could "download" the material, why would it be necessary to send me CDs?

The CDs are necessary because they are from Galaxie, not Logos. The reason it has to be loaded into L3 first is so that you can register  the product. Galaxie is responsible for the management of registrations for it's products. The registration number for the library is Galaxie's way of communicating with Logos that the product is legit. once Logos gets that word they take over. I imagine in the future that it will only be a registration code that is mailed to users rather then a CD. You enter the registration code, and Logos 4 downloads the product.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS