World English Bible?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 549
Rodney Phillips | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 10 2015 9:46 PM

Hi..  Could the WEB be added as an included bible in Logos?

Or is there a way I can import it my self.. It is a free public domain bible.. I have it on my eSword and really enjoy using it and would love to be able to use it in Logos..

Sorry if this is not the right place to post this as I am brand new here..

Thanks!

Posts 5317
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 10 2015 10:06 PM

Logos goes about getting books in a different way... The do it via a system called prePUB or for none copyrighted works like the WEB is Community Pricing. These systems ensure there is enough interest to ensure the cost of placing them in Logos format is covered. You are not charged till the item is shipped at anytime you can cancel your order. This is one I  really would like to see too...

World English Bible (WEB) (3 vols.)

-Dan

Posts 1622
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 10 2015 10:59 PM

The book description says: "special Messianic edition that retains Hebrew names and places."

Does anyone know whether it also uses the word ADAM consistently instead of translations?

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 549
Rodney Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 11 2015 5:01 AM

Dan Thank you.  Very cool..  I just placed my bid..  Really hope this one gets into Logos.

Veil I am not totally sure what you asking but tell me a bit more and I can search my WEB on eSword..  The WEB is on most of the free Bible apps and programs out there..

Posts 2
Richard Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 24 2016 7:05 PM

You can copy and paste it into a DOC file and then import it into Logos as a personal book since it is public domain. If you wanted it to sync you would have to and some Computer language statements before and after the text. Once you do one verse you can copy and paste it into the next verse. I did a few chapters of John. It me about an hour. I guess it would take about 500 hours for me to do the whole bible. That would be for the text only.  

Posts 393
Bernhard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 24 2016 11:00 PM

Richard Jones:

You can copy and paste it into a DOC file and then import it into Logos as a personal book since it is public domain. If you wanted it to sync you would have to and some Computer language statements before and after the text. Once you do one verse you can copy and paste it into the next verse. I did a few chapters of John. It me about an hour. I guess it would take about 500 hours for me to do the whole bible. That would be for the text only.  

Instead of doing the necessary tagging manually, you can use this converter with modules that are available freely for some other bible software packages, to convert them into a DOCX that already includes the tagging:

https://github.com/schierlm/BibleMultiConverter/releases

Posts 84
Angela Meister | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2020 6:39 PM

This has been up for community bidding for awhile... bumping... https://www.logos.com/product/45383/world-english-bible

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS