ZECNT: ACTS Supplemental Notes and Expanded Chapters?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1557
John Kight | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 11 2015 8:02 AM

For those who own this resource, are you able to tell where the expanded chapters and supplemental notes are within this volume? The product page states: "This digital edition includes supplemental notes and expanded chapters not available in print form!"

What has been expanded and supplemented, and how does this carry over to citation of the resource if the expansions and supplemental material is not distinguishable? 

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 877
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 11 2015 8:10 AM

I don't know if it's possible to tell. The author states:

I thank Clint Arnold and the members of the editorial team for their invitation to write the commentary on Acts, for their comments on the manuscript, and for their willingness to work out a solution when the submitted manuscript was twice as long as contracted. While allowing the print edition of the commentary to be longer than originally anticipated, they arranged with Zondervan that the electronic version of the commentary will contain the full manuscript, with a large number of In Depth sections that had to be omitted from the print edition and with fuller documentation of and interaction with the work of other Acts scholars.

Posts 1557
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 11 2015 8:13 AM

Thank you for the quick response. 

So, for citation purposes it should be cited as the digital expanded edition.

Posts 162
Clifford B. Kvidahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 11 2015 8:17 AM

John Kight:

Thank you for the quick response. 

So, for citation purposes it should be cited as the digital expanded edition.

John,

That would be the standard way to do this. I did notice that this edition does not have page numbers—certainly do to fact that the expanded edition contains far more than just a few additions.

I remember having a conversation with Schnabel about this and he indicated at that time that there is far more than the print edition would allow for.

Cliff

Posts 1557
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 11 2015 8:24 AM

Clifford B. Kvidahl:
That would be the standard way to do this. I did notice that this edition does not have page numbers—certainly do to fact that the expanded edition contains far more than just a few additions.

Thanks for the info Cliff

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS