font used in visual copy

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 366
Ken F Hill | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 11 2015 8:18 AM

Does anyone know what font is used for visual copy slides ?

Posts 27770
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 11 2015 8:30 AM

Visual Copy is running slow for me right now, but I can confirm that at least two typefaces are used. Can you post a screen shot & list the style chosen?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 366
Ken F Hill | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 11 2015 8:45 AM

alabama24:

Visual Copy is running slow for me right now, but I can confirm that at least two typefaces are used. Can you post a screen shot & list the style chosen?

I'm not sure what you mean by "style chosen" unless that is what shows up in the screenshot below.  It looks to me like all the slide types use the same font.  I like the large x-height of this font -- I find it easy to read.

Posts 27770
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 11 2015 9:14 AM

Ken F Hill:
I'm not sure what you mean by "style chosen"

In my screen shot below, the "styles" are on the left hand side. Off the top of my head, I thought they were named (they should be), but it doesn't appear so. 

Ken F Hill:
It looks to me like all the slide types use the same font.

Notice the lower case "g" on your slide, then take a look at the lowercase "g" on my slide. It may be a variant of the same typeface, but there are clearly differences in some of the styles.

For whatever reason, Visual Copy is still running very slow (many minutes between changes of styles), so my patience is thin to keep exploring. Maybe it will work better later today and I can explore some more.

Posts 27770
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 11 2015 9:21 AM

I should have realized... Skolar Sans. 

Posts 366
Ken F Hill | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 11 2015 9:32 AM

alabama24:

I should have realized... Skolar Sans. 

Your screenshot looks like examples of skolar sans I found online (eg, the "g" extender).  But mine does not seem to be the same font.

Is this controlled somewhere else in Logos?

Posts 8056
LogosEmployee

Ken F Hill:

They don't, but the one you posted a picture of looks like it's using Museo Sans.

The creators of the font have made one weight available for free download here (if you'd like to use it in your own documents): http://www.exljbris.com/museosans.html 

Posts 366
Ken F Hill | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 11 2015 9:44 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Ken F Hill:

They don't, but the one you posted a picture of looks like it's using Museo Sans.

The creators of the font have made one weight available for free download here (if you'd like to use it in your own documents): http://www.exljbris.com/museosans.html 

Thanks all.  Where does the font for visual copy get determined?  Why is mine different from Alabama24's ?

Posts 27770
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 11 2015 10:14 AM

Ken F Hill:
Where does the font for visual copy get determined?

In the slide style. "The blue slide with the ocean background and funny shapes" uses X-typeface. The "green slide with the mountain and sun shine" uses Y-typeface. The style determines the typeface used. A designer set it up that way.

Posts 4
simon huang | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 10 2016 9:49 PM

i found out recently that visual copy requires internet access. so maybe slow internet=slow visual copy.

Posts 27770
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 11 2016 9:14 AM

simon huang:

i found out recently that visual copy requires internet access. so maybe slow internet=slow visual copy.

A qualified "yes." If you have slow internet, you will have "slow" visual copy. There are other reasons, however, why visual copy might be slow.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS