How do I rid myself of unwanted Community Note stuff?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 26492
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 16 2015 11:31 PM

The red arrow point to stuff from a link used in a previous community note. I can't find a way to get rid of it. It all serves as a link to a site referenced in a previous post where it did not appear.

Edit: when I began typing the text of the new note the stuff went away ... leaving me more puzzled as to what it is and how it functions.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 26492
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 26 2015 3:23 PM

bump

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8010
LogosEmployee

MJ. Smith:
The red arrow point to stuff

It's not clear what this refers to; did you mean to post a screenshot?

Posts 26492
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 26 2015 8:54 PM

oops  Embarrassed

Posts 791
LogosEmployee
Eli Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 28 2015 11:45 AM

To clarify: Looks like you're getting an advertisement in the posting dialog when you go to add a note and post it to the OT281 group. I don't see the same thing, but I'll ask around.

Posts 26492
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 28 2015 12:42 PM

It usually happens when the preceding community note that I wrote included a URL but that is not a complete description of the conditions. What annoys me is not so much that the garbage appears but that I can't clear it out.

Posts 791
LogosEmployee
Eli Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 28 2015 12:48 PM

Ah, keeping hold of a previously posted URL makes more sense than my ad hypothesis. (Either way: a bug.) Thanks for the context. I'll try to reproduce and assign a bug to the appropriate team. 

Posts 192
LogosEmployee
Dustin Masters (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 28 2015 1:36 PM

Thanks for the report MJ, we'll get that fixed.

Software Dev at Logos.  How to post your logs: (Windows) (Mac)

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS