L4 and MS Word interaction

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1
Joey Davis | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 11 2010 12:27 PM

In Logos 3 I had the ability to type a Bible reference, highlight it, and then via a shortcut sequence I could populate the Bible reference without ever leaving the word document. I know about the CTRL-ALT-B feature which allows you to copy a verse but what about doing it via shortcut without using that Copy/Paste pop-up window?

Thanks,

Joey

Posts 3733
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2010 12:33 PM

If you're looking for Smart Tags, Logos hasn't yet committed  to provide them. It's one of the reasons keep Logos 3 open beside L4...

Others will remind us that Microsoft appears to be de-emphasizing Smart Tags...

And others will chime in that we CBV (copy Bible Verses) can be always open or pinned to the shortcut area on our L4 main window so it's NEARLY as convenient as it was before.

<huge grin> Others---did I miss anything?

Blessings!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 31936
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2010 12:46 PM

BillS:
Others---did I miss anything?

As a DreamWeaver/Stylus Studio person, you didn't tell me what I would say. I feel left out.Sad

Big Smile

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3733
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2010 12:52 PM

MJ. Smith:

As a DreamWeaver/Stylus Studio person, you didn't tell me what I would say. I feel left out.Sad

ROFLOL - you got me, Martha!

Blessings!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 89
Larry | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2010 4:55 AM

JoeyDavis:
In Logos 3 I had the ability to type a Bible reference, highlight it, and then via a shortcut sequence I could populate the Bible reference without ever leaving the word document. I know about the CTRL-ALT-B feature which allows you to copy a verse but what about doing it via shortcut without using that Copy/Paste pop-up window?

How do you do this? I have never been able to figure it out. I have been using BW for this because the Logos CBV is so unwieldly and hard to work with. IMO, it is hands down the most useful feature of Logos that is extremely bad and seems relatively easy to fix.

Posts 85
Timothy Shrimpton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2010 7:30 AM

If Logos is open, even in the background, if you hit CTRL-ALT-B (make sure to hold down each button as you press it), the Copy Bible Verses window should show up.

-

Anyone know if there's a chance of getting a tray icon for this functionality like Libronix 3 had?  I know the keyboard shortcut if probably just as fast, but I'm so used to that now and I guess I'm antichange. ;)

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS