Wow Someone Attacking Logos Software And Scott Lindsey

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
This post has 18 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 478
Rodney Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2015 6:47 PM

When reading this, the saying that comes to mind for me is this article is "Throwing out the baby with the bath water"...

Posts 4595
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2015 6:55 PM

I did not read the whole article. I could see after the first paragraph that reading it would be a waste of time.

Posts 1825
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2015 7:13 PM

When the whole ministry is all about criticizing & attacking other ministries, then the spirit of hatred is strong in that one. Don't even bother with this one. There's so many independent online ministries that claimed they're not associated with any umbrellas because they are evil. (smile). I just can't fathom why would their ministry is just about finding faults at others? 

This guy put Francis Chan, LeCrae, John Piper, Louie Giglio, Rick Warren, John MacArthur and more all in the same line as false teachers. Well... time to close that tab. Cool

Posts 2282
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2015 7:22 PM

I wouldn't call it "attack". That word would imply that they cause some sort of harm or damage.That's nothing but random ranting and raving. I just skimmed through some other articles of ranting on their blog... Truly ridiculous, and not even possible to leave a comment.

To the authors of that blog, just in case you stumble across this thread, please consider applying Philippians 4:8 in your lives...

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 8896
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2015 7:28 PM

Fredc:
I did not read the whole article. I could see after the first paragraph that reading it would be a waste of time.

My sentiments exactly. Not worth reading.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 3937
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2015 7:48 PM

I skimmed it. He likes to call people arrogant. Interestingly he assumes that his own position is universally accurate and true. I think most people believe their own convictions are true and accurate or else they wouldn't hold them. However when we take the best we have to offer and attempt to say that is the standard by which all men should be judged we have strayed into error, and dare I say arrogance.

Guilt by association, slippery slope, false appeals to authority, and ad hominem are just a few of the logical fallacies I saw in just a few minutes of looking.

Lets not give this guy any more web traffic...

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 1048
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2015 8:03 PM

That was a bit amusing.

This Scott guy endorses guys like ... Tim Keller! I mean, really! And Tim Keller is, like, an "evolutionist, so called pastor."

But the reason that Scott is so bad is that he lets his kids sing and dance ... at a concert (not a church service) ... at Creationfest.

Posts 4911
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2015 8:20 PM

William Gabriel:

That was a bit amusing.

This Scott guy endorses guys like ... Tim Keller! I mean, really! And Tim Keller is, like, an "evolutionist, so called pastor."

But the reason that Scott is so bad is that he lets his kids sing and dance ... at a concert (not a church service) ... at Creationfest.

The thing is people like this believe they are really offering the Christian community a  service... Lets just hope Scott didn't let his kids dance like David danced 2 Sam 6:20 Stick out tongue.  Unfortunately people like those on this website are a little like Michal  - 2 Sam 6:16 and they don't realise the very people they  are attacking are like David, just doing their ministry unto the Lord -   2 Sam 6:21 with the best intentions and certainly no evil in their hearts.

Posts 287
Lonnie Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2015 12:48 AM

Nothing to see here. So hopefully we can move along to discussing something more worth our time.

Posts 5248
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2015 5:33 AM

Bruce Dunning:

Fredc:

I did read it all, but just to see what it said. A tempest in a tea pot. I know they seriously feel strongly about this but hate and narrow mindedness are hardly Christian values. I know they might be judging Logos harder because it is a Christian company but I doubt the majority or maybe even any at FL would have a similar view and I do believe most of the FL employees love Jesus as much as any other Christian. I am thankful that this was pointed out but while it has mentioned a few potentially controversial resources I see it more as an endorsement. I would bet if this person had his way the majority of the books available in FL would be banned.

Dan 

Posts 975
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2015 8:25 AM

As someone commented one time, always beware of web pages with a revolting taste in bright colours for their fonts!

I feel sorry for characters like that who seem to feel that their mission is to be negative about everything; who seem to get joy out of attacking things all the time. What must their home life be like? What must their childhood have been like to produce such a warped view of life in them. Satan must really rejoice.

Posts 10518
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2015 2:01 PM

Fredc:

I am a little slow Fred. I read 3 or 4 paragraphs Stick out tongue

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2015 2:11 PM

Dan Francis:

Bruce Dunning:

Fredc:

I did read it all, but just to see what it said. A tempest in a tea pot. I know they seriously feel strongly about this but hate and narrow mindedness are hardly Christian values.

Dan 

Thanks, Dan and Fredc.  Exactly right, non Christian values.

Posts 2236
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2015 5:53 PM

Some people have too much time on their hands.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2015 7:05 PM

I guess you can expect a few crazies like this.  I don't suppose he goes to the library much since they have all of this and a good deal more.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 2824
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 23 2015 9:43 AM

Well, that just reminds me of a story.  (I know, nearly everything does.)

A man once said to John Wesley, "God don't need your education!"  To which John Wesley replied, "That is true.  God does not need my education.  Nor does He need your ignorance."

Consider the source.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 2236
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 23 2015 2:30 PM

Michael Childs:
A man once said to John Wesley, "God don't need your education!"  To which John Wesley replied, "That is true.  God does not need my education.  Nor does He need your ignorance."

Terrific Geeked

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 78
Aaron W | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 26 2015 7:25 AM

If it's true that they "sell the sermons to Tim Keller", can I get in on that action?  I mean, if they're selling Tim all that goodness, I'd like to buy it straight from the source, rather than just using Keller's sermon archives. 

Sorry for being facetious.

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS